Search Unity

Running a build on Ubuntu 18.04 with Parallels

Discussion in 'Linux' started by BigToe, Oct 5, 2018.

1. BigToe

BigToe

I am attempting to get a bare bones project with just some text to run on a copy of Ubuntu 18.04 under Parallels. I am trying this using Unity 2018.1.0f2 and 2017.4.11f1

Initially when I double-click on the x86_64 build, I was presented with the Unity screen resolution and selection dialogue. I pieced together from other posts that it may only work full screen. So I changed it to Disable the Resolution Dialogue and Default is Full Screen. This didn't work.

I also have seen some issues with graphic card drivers and forcing OpenGL 2.0. In Unity 2017 and 2018 there is no longer an option for OpenGL 2.0 for linux. It only has OpenGL Core and Vulcan (Experimental).

Is there a way to get this configuration of Linux under a Parallels VM (On Mac) to run a Unity executable?

Thanks in advance!

2. BigToe

BigToe

Looking at the log answers my question of why it won't run.

Unable to find a supported OpenGL core profile
    Failed to create valid graphics context: please ensure you meet the minimum requirements
    E.g. OpenGL core profile 3.2 or later for OpenGL Core renderer
    Vulkan detection: 0
    No supported renderers found, exiting

Just not sure if there is any solution for a VM version of Ubuntu and OpenGL.

3. Tak

Tak

Like the log says, you'll need OpenGL core profile 3.2 or later.
    If the host OS has a new enough mesa, you may be able to get it running on parallels (at least, I've done so with vmware).