Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Bug Runner Game Ad Package errors 2021.3.21f1 (& more)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sjezusko, Mar 17, 2023.

1. sjezusko

sjezusko

Hi all,

I'm a tech coordinator for a school so I'm not the one that's in class with the students trying to run the editors for their games, so I'll do my best to explain what's going on.

We installed the editors a little while ago at 2021.3.15f1, and eventually they ran into issues with the FPS platform - specifically with the pipeline package(s?), and it seemed to only want to render pink boxes. Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact errors with the pipeline, as I was mostly in the room to work on updates with my credentials.

A couple days this week though, we updated the computers to 2021.3.21f1 to resolve. Now the Runner Game template has been throwing errors relating the AdController in the Ad package (specifically CS1501 about
    "
    Advertisement.Initialize(GameId, TestMode, false, this);
    "

My question is, what should we do for stability's-sake -
    • Is there an editor that is stable for the FPS platform and the Runner game? I wouldn't think it needs to be LTS since the students aren't exactly making legit games.
    • or, I've seen a workaround from here https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/11h5v1m/assetscorescriptsadsadscontrollercs4731_error/ that says to either comment out the aforementioned advertizement.initialize[...] code, or remove
      Code (CSharp):
      1. Advertisement.Initialize(GameId, TestMode, this);
    • I removed the Ad package on one device which only gave warnings and allowed the tutorial to work. Doesn't feel like best practice though.
    Whatever we have to do, we'll have to copy the fix over each students' device, who have limited computer skills (8th grade computer class).

Thanks!