Search Unity

Run'N Gun 2D For Playmaker

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kellyrayj, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Hi friends,

I'm very pleased to announce the release of my Playmaker Kit:​

I've worked very hard to make this kit intuitive and easy to use so all you have to worry about is making the most action packed running and shooting platformer around. Please hit me up with questions! I so look forward to seeing what you make.

Features:
    - Three types of timing (360 degree aiming, eight-way aiming, simple bi-directional aiming)
    - Three types of enemy AI (simple patroller, advanced patroller, flying enemy)
    - 21 Custom Playmaker Actions
    - Smooth follow camera with a shake feature
    - 2D non-physics based controls
    - Mobile example scenes (Tested on the iPhone. Android APK in the works)
    - All the logic is built in playmaker

*Playmaker is not included and is required for this kit to work!

Check out the documentation for the complete list and descriptions of the PlayMaker actions included in this kit: http://bit.ly/rngdocs

Screenshots:

RNGDemo1.gif

Playmaker Logic

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 2.21.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 2.22.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 2.23.24 PM.png

Asset Store Link

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. Mr-Stein

Mr-Stein

@Bridin, do you have APK for test in android?

3. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

I do not yet. Working on it though! Looking to get my hands on an android device to ensure it works before I send this out. Won't be long! Stay tuned.

4. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

Congratulations on the release! :)

Kellyrayj likes this.
  5. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Thanks Alex!

6. Cruz510

Cruz510

Hi, i will be buying the asset soon. Quick question. Are the players set up in layers which animate with rotations as the players travel around the game or its all set up in Frame By Frame Sprite sheets? I must know so i can get my character edts set up. Thanks in advance.

7. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Hey friend that's awesome. Thanks for your support. The characters are split into layers and animated within Unity. They are not frame by frame Sprite sheets.

Please do hit me up if you have any questions!

Cruz510 likes this.
  8. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Quick note and an update!

The latest release of Playmaker 1.8.1 has caused several "missing action" errors when importing this asset. An updated package will be on its way to the asset store in the next few days to fix this issue. In the meantime hold off on updating Playmaker as I resolve these errors.

But! Good news, Playmaker 1.8.1 will make installation simpler as the add-on packages that Run N Gun relied are now apart of the Playmaker official release!

9. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Run'n Gun 2D has been updated for Playmaker 1.8.1!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  10. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Hey friends,

Quick update! When updating to Playmaker 1.8.2 if you have trouble importing the global variables from the Unity Package in the asset. Download this one and use the PM Import Globals action from the menu options to solve the error.

I'm sending an update to the Asset Store to address this.

Attached Files:

11. waterkulerbrush

waterkulerbrush

Awesome. Thank you, needed that.

Kellyrayj likes this.
  12. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Excellent! Let me know if I can help!

13. devdabblr

devdabblr

Hey friends,

I'm Bridin. Going under a new handle as I move forward turning this development stuff into something a little less of a hobby.

I've decided to depreciate this asset and it will no longer be available for sale. Nevertheless, I've learned such an incredible amount since I first put this package together and will be rebuilding this asset from scratch. You can follow the WIP here:

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/aim-assist-2d-wip.464215/#post-3017230

If you've purchased this package before, message me and I work to get you access to the new one.

All the best!,