Search Unity

Run (WIP) fps horror

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Goregaming, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Goregaming

Goregaming

$image.jpg [video=youtube_share;neNubwNatNw]http://youtu.be/neNubwNatNw $image.jpg [video=youtube_share;JwrwJMymXzY]http://youtu.be/JwrwJMymXzY[video=youtube_share;irSyGsd0_VE]http://youtu.be/irSyGsd0_VE View attachment 59666 [ABOUT "RUN":
    Mark and Jennifer Mathews were a newly married couple living in the city. They
    were planning on starting a family together when they received the tragic news of
    Jennifer's mother's death. They learned that she had hung herself in her home. Jennifer
    and her mother, Susan, hadn't spoken in years due to a communication breakdown. Susan
    had been suffering from mental health problems for as long as Jennifer could remember
    so her death didn't come as a complete surprise to her but she was shocked nonetheless.
    Jennifer's father had walked out on them when she was six years old and she had never
    received a letter nor heard from him since. There was no other immediate family and
    Susan's will stated that she wished to leave the house to her only daughter.
    Jennifer's memories of the house she grew up in were far from happy but seeing as
    there was no one else to sort out her mother's possessions, it was down to her to clear out
    the house and put it up for sale. Mark and Jennifer rented a removal van and made the
    three and a half hour drive deep into the country, to the house where Jennifer had grown
    up in. They went inside and got to work sorting out Susan's articles. Jennifer felt uneasy
    from the moment she set foot inside the house so she wanted to get done as quickly as
    possible.
    Mark and Jennifer were in different rooms talking to each other and packing items
    into boxes when Jennifer stopped midsentence and screamed. Mark rushed to Jennifer to
    see what was wrong. She wasn't in the room. Mark, terrified and panicked, rushed from
    room to room screaming her name. As he came out of one room into the hall he felt an
    excruciating pain on the back of his head and everything turned white for a brief moment
    before he fell to the floor unconscious.
    Rubbing the back of his head, Mark wakes up to darkness. He's in a dark room with
    nothing but a box of matches and a pounding headache.
    Game begins here... puzzles scares galore! Exactly what they will be is dependent
    on the layout of the house but his goal is to find out what happened to his wife. All doors
    leading to the outside are locked for now. Being Jennifer's childhood home, there can be
    lots of scope for finding memorabilia; old photos, diaries, drawings etc... This can be the
    main delivery format for the story in-game as it's more natural than finding pages
    scattered around.
    As the story unfolds, Mark learns a dark secret about Jennifer's past. The truth is
    that Jennifer's father didn't walk out on them. Jennifer's father, Samuel, was a drunk who

Features

Instead of having pages that tie the story together, we will have newspaper articles,photo's and clippings of what used to be happy family. The clues will lead to completion of the story.

What makes the game different to other Horror fps games?/FONT]

We make sure that the player can hide in cupboards and behind objects,from the enemy ai. There will be two types of Ai the Jumpscare Ai and the enemy ai, you will be able to interact with Enemy ai by attacking with a crowbar. Or by hiding in places I think we might add air vents aswell.

More info

The game is still in the early stages of development. it is far from completion we are trying our hardest to create more than one campaign
    Hopefully we pre-plan on a second version. we are going to put our game on Greenlight if it is successful.

FONT=Arial Black]Support us :

Twitter:mad:Goregaming123 Follow us for updates
    Like us on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gore-Gaming/235151243274180

Spaces:

Become a part of Gore-Gaming:
    There are few more spaces left.

x1 3D modeller needed
    x1illustrator/graphic designer
    x1Female Voice actress
    Evidence of work is required feel free to Message me or reply to this post
    Contact
    mgmgore@gmail.com
    Goregaming123@gmail.com
    pspbadboy2@gmail.com or
    Tweet @Goregaming123 or @pspbadboy2
    https://twitter.com/GoreGaming123

Check out our first update we have only spent an hour on the project, enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  2. wmgcata

wmgcata

This does seem interesting to me. I do have a few questions though, perhaps these questions might give you guys some ideas?

How is the gameplay going to be?

Could we compare this with Amnesia? Is the house as big as the mansion in Amnesia, perhaps some underground tunnels under the house that lead to the secret and lore of the creature?

Where is the story going to take place? Are you guys focusing on the house or the whole environment around it?

Good luck!

3. Goregaming

Goregaming

First of all, the game is still in early stages of development. That means I cant show you gameplay just yet
    We are going to focus on the house , with underground bases ect, We are going to make an escape level(last level) it takes place outside Have I answered you question?, if not satisfied feel free to ask more, thanks for your contribution

4. Blacklight

Blacklight

So... what kind of game is this, exactly?

Also:
    "Gifted" isn't the word I would use. :p

5. Goregaming

Goregaming

It's a horror first person game and I know i shouldn't have said that i was out of ideas, I'm not a writer. I am more of a scripter ;) *

6. Goregaming

Goregaming

Guys I need constructive criticism so i can improve the game, thanks :)

7. Blacklight

Blacklight

Criticism on what?
    The pictures are alright, but there seems to be a lack of a ceiling, no textures on the bed and you captured the mouse pointer in the top image. Your story is thin and not all that original, and... uh... yeah.
    You'll need to post something far more substantial if you want decent criticism.

8. Goregaming

Goregaming

Thanks for the heads up, If i may ask have YOU created any games? yet

9. Blacklight

Blacklight

As a matter of fact, I've done four of them (though by 'done', I just mean they're playable. Very rough around the edges, but playable)

Check the links in my signature.

10. Goregaming

Goregaming

They are pretty neat what programming language did you use?

11. C-Screator

C-Screator

Well more textures to make it feel more real because if a horror game doesn't feel real its just not scary and the wallpaper might want to be re mapped because it looks a little stretched and is that writing always going to be in the top left corner try to stay away from large GUI it distracts the player a little bit or make it smaller and less "cheesy". sorry if I was a bit harsh, i would love to see more of this game :D

12. Goregaming

Goregaming

Thanks you very much for your contribution, it wasn't harsh at all i agree with you. :D

13. C-Screator

C-Screator

oh good I thought i was being a bit harsh,I just wanted the game to be as good as possible because it looks like it has real potential :D! are you going to upload a video or more pictures?

14. Goregaming

Goregaming

I shall upload more pictures weekly and when the game is stable, (cause right now its in early development) we shall upload gameplay

15. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Also for your texturing, I would use a real world scale for reference... right now the wallpaper is WAY too big right now...

16. Blacklight

Blacklight

Java.

17. Goregaming

Goregaming

It was already said but thanks.

18. Goregaming

Goregaming

Hello guys,just completed my first unity 3D level on the game to speed up the process I am going to need a team,due to a loss of members. I am looking for anyone that can level design, evidence of work would be appreciated and you would join Goregaming instantly. Lastly I need a someone with experience in texturing.
    If you are interested PM me or email@Goregaming123@gmail.com

NOTE

You can freelance or stay with Goregaming, no strings attached. I will be uploading more pictures and updates regarding to the Game,

19. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I would have someone look over the text in your posts. I didn't have a good impression from the get-go. Proofreading the grammar, sentence structure, etc.

20. Goregaming

Goregaming

Thank you, James. Your input is much appreciated.

21. Myhijim

Myhijim

Just letting you know, you can't just take a google image, add some text and make it yours

22. Goregaming

Goregaming

Just letting you know that every single image you see on our project was not taken from Google. Everything was made by the team. How about you do an image search see if anything is stolen. We do not stoop that low , we do not steal, copy or imitate, So before you start typing your opinions, I suggest that you do your research and bring your evidence along with you. Open your mind before you type.
    -Thank you for your time
    -Goregaming.

23. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

@Myhijim - Nothing he posted up looks like anything taken off Google. Looks like custom made artwork for his game.

24. Goregaming

Goregaming

25. chrisso

chrisso

I think that the image Myhijim was referring to is the one used in your avatar. Whether or not you've borrowed an image from someplace, his advice is good advice.

You have made good progress on the game, especially since you've had to start over recently. Horror is not a genre that I enjoy, but a scary cooperative multiplayer game might be something fun. There's an idea for you. ;)

Good luck!

26. Myhijim

Myhijim

http://tinyurl.com/kfvt3rr

So am I right in assuming you are in charge of all of these websites? Or has google got it wrong?
    Oh also... I'm assuming you aren't the Advanced Armament Corp
    $aac-bullet-gray-blog1-473x600.jpg

Also
    $blood_splatter.jpg

Usually I wouldn't even pursue an issue as petty as this, however, some splash of the attitude got onto me and then preaching you are innocent then attempting to subtly insult me?.
    Eg
    It just didn't sit right with me.

Adding a bit of blur to an image does not make it yours ;) Just a heads up, not my opinion, and there is your evidence. I was giving you a piece of helpful advice so you couldn't be possibly charged, but meh, go ahead.

Nup.

Thank you for having your head screwed on straight ;)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  27. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Ouch I stand corrected! Turns out these guys have been stealing artwork. Well good luck now that credibility is lost.

28. Myhijim

Myhijim

Wouldn't have minded as much if he/she hadn't attempted to insult me and if they had just admitted they had taken the artwork but oh well

29. Goregaming

Goregaming

We are a team, I did not know. We have an artwork designer that designs all of our work, I had no idea. I am sorry if i have insulted you in some way. I would like to thank you for opening my eyes, we are not thief's , believe me. I drowned in my ignorance, now I am embarrassed for it. I am very sorry.I will speak to my art designer right away . I said all of those words thinking our images were ours but turns they were not :(.
    Thank you again for opening my eyes
    -Yours sincerely
    -forever embarrased
    -Michael

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  30. Myhijim

Myhijim

It's fine, just check next time ;)

If you want to keep tabs and check just use google image's "Search by Image" function.

31. Goregaming

Goregaming

I feel robbed and stupid now.

32. Goregaming

Goregaming

We are not thief's I promise I got tricked because of my ignorance, I dont know what to do at this point. People are going to think we are fakes as from now :(

33. Myhijim

Myhijim

Don't, I've been there with artists that were plainly under my nose just copying things. Although that is fixed now.

34. Goregaming

Goregaming

Thank you for your input, My skills aren't advanced in coding or programming multiplayer it would be a great game concept though.
    -Thank you

35. Goregaming

Goregaming

You are very nice person and handled the situation with maturity. I admire your humbleness I wish you the best of luck in any of your other projects that you do, Again thank you
    -Goregaming

36. Goregaming

Goregaming

You are very nice person and handled the situation with maturity. I admire your humbleness I wish you the best of luck in any of your other projects that you do, Again thank you
    -Goregaming

37. Goregaming

Goregaming

All copy righted images have been taken off, our graphic designer has been fired , so to clear our name. We haven't stolen anything. We have created all the gameplay you see. Thanks for reading this. @Myhijim- I am ever so grateful for opening my eyes . Wanna do an image check NOW? ;) , Stay safe best wishes on your projects
    @James: We are not thieves. But I do get were you are coming from.
    -Michael

38. GideonGames

GideonGames

This game is actually worth playing...
    All I ask is that you light up the room a little.
    But other then that I would play this game... :)

39. Goregaming

Goregaming

Thank you for your comment, much luck on your Prune Island project.

40. Goregaming

Goregaming

We have a main menu draft/video please criticise it as much as you can so I know my areas of improvement.

41. John-G

John-G

I would increase the torch radius and brightness, it's to limited as it is.
    Also don't forget that the tv needs a light source added as its powered on and generating light.
    Keep it up, look forward to updates.

42. Goregaming

Goregaming

Hello, much thanks for your contribution. I will fixing that for the next update. I have fixed the torch radius so far. I don't want to make the game too bright as it will be easier to find pages. I will go into more detail later . For now sit-back and please follow up on more updates. The Tv will indeed have a light source but I am more concerned of the environment. (ie Furniture,the environment ect..) I will deal with lighting on the third update.
    Thanks for your comment , stay safe.
    -Goregaming.

43. jameos

jameos

so is this like another slenderman type game -_-?

44. runner

runner

Hi, You might want to at least have some consistency in the general opening of the storyline most of it makes little or no sense and the pacing is all wrong.

1.Why is mark gifted?
    2. mark watched his girlfriend get slaughtered and did nothing about it.
    3. mark is gifted but what bearing does that have on zombies and creatures
    4. Is finding help or running a Objective?
    5. Why do the dead come alive ?

45. Kranox21

Kranox21

@Jameos I wouldn't say this would be another "Slender". Yes you will have to find pages in order to complete the game but you also have to hide from the creatures that are around use your wits type of thing.

@runner We don't want to give too much of the story away. The beginning story of Mark and his girlfriend were tourists, the only place to stay was this big house in the middle of the woods next to a small graveyard, it was their only option. Marks girlfriend wanted to leave but you rather stay because it was the only place that was offered to you for free, and you both couldn't afford to waste anymore money. Marks girlfriend wanted to leave so badly, she didn't trust anything here, she keeps hearing something, or someone moving in the night. Bad enough that she couldn't fall asleep, On the other hand Mark is usually a heavy sleeper. Finally that one night came as Mark, and his girlfriend were getting ready for bed. When something in the halls starts rushing towards loud and terrifying to the guest room's bedroom. Mark stood his ground but the creature pushes Mark to the big cabinet. The force of the push made something fall and knock him in the head unconscious. As he is falling asleep, he sees his girlfriend getting slaughter before he passes out. That's all I can give for now if your interested keep on track with us I think we are doing another video update soon.

Have a nice day :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  46. Goregaming

Goregaming

No it will have more interactions with the environment and Slender, Hopefully we will add a weapon or two we are still looking into that our GDD remains incomplete. We aim to make this better than slender. Perhaps I should have Pointed this out. The pages solve the murder of your girlfriend. If you hate horror fps games, I strongly suggest you find another genre to play. Or on the other hand if you do like Horror fps keep watch on this game we will make progress soon you will see. I do agree there are many types of slender games, but we aim to make ours different.

-Goregaming

47. Goregaming

Goregaming

Story is still undecided subject may change but the concept will stay the same. The story was a draft, as I said its still in early development. The story is not our final draft.

48. Goregaming

Goregaming

Update #2
    -triggers
    -doors
    -animation
    -glass
    -assets

49. MasonGaming

MasonGaming

This looks like it's been making good progress, is this going to be commercial, I strongly suggest you make it commercial. It has great potential. I follow this up.

50. NutellaDaddy

NutellaDaddy

How many people are working on this game so far? This seems like something I might want to play once it's finished.