Search Unity

Question [RTX] Incorrect Colors In Raytraced Reflections

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Selzier, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Selzier

Selzier

I have a scene with raytraced global illumination and reflections.

There are 2 problems I can't solve.
    [1] The "sky" is reflecting in the floor, showing an orange color. How can I get rid of this orange color?
    [2] The yellow part of the pillar is reflecting too much yellow. How can I fix the bright yellow in the reflection?

2. m0nsky

m0nsky

The reflections are ray traced, but the lighting inside the reflections is not, so it will fall back to the environment/sky lighting inside your reflections. This is why the sky is reflected in the floor, and the pillar appears too light. It is very heavy and complex to ray trace and denoise all of this recursively. At that point, it will almost be faster to use the path tracer.

The solution is to bake lightmaps & reflection probes for the lighting inside your ray traced reflections.

After you've set up and baked your lighting, configure the your ray traced reflections to make use of the reflection probes for the last bounce.

If you don't see the above options, you might need to enable Show Additional Properties by clicking the 3 dots in the top right of the volume component.

For more info on how to correctly setup ray traced lighting for real time, check out the HDRP DXR/Realtime Ray Tracing Lighting Troubleshooting Guide.

chap-unity likes this.
  3. Win3xploder

Win3xploder

I think you can actually skip the lightmaps and only use reflection probes.

4. m0nsky

m0nsky

Then where will the reflection probes get their global illumination from?

5. Win3xploder

Win3xploder

You can enable Screenspace GI + Reflections for the reflection probes.

6. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

Reflection probe won't pick up the Global Illumination from SSGI/RTGI, it will only pick up Global Illumination from lightmaps.

m0nsky likes this.