Search Unity

RTS Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by duhprey, Jan 23, 2012.

1. duhprey

duhprey

Hello,

I've been thinking about making an RTS kit for the asset store based on the code I've been doing for Risingstorm. (http://risingstormhq.com) Before I put too much work into it, I thought I'd see if there's any interest in such a thing or if existing solutions fill the need.

Here are some features that are currently in and some I've considered adding.

Works with RAIN ai and pathfinding
    Works with angry ant's behave
    Handles grid based movement and construction
    handles terrain based (free form) movement and construction
    unity's pathfinding
    Behavior trees for resource gathering, turrets, and basic combat (e.g., hold position, attack move, nominal)
    edit: forgot to mention networking. Solutions using unity networking and photon.

Are any of those "must have" or "not worth it". Are there any other features for an rts kit that would be of interest?

Thanks,

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. psyclone

psyclone

I would be interested in such a package, even more so if it contains source. Such things are great learning tools :)

3. holyjewsus

holyjewsus

I would probably purchase it for the same reasons, learning resource to see how to handle complex problems like those you outlined.

4. duhprey

duhprey

Some of the code is available here. https://github.com/tosos/RTSComponents as separate components. I thought it might be more useful however to bring it all together in one package with an example or two of everything working together.

5. erenaydin

erenaydin

looks awesome

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

would buy it if there were source-code too :)