Search Unity

RTP - Relief Terrain Pack with geometry blend on AssetStore

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by tomaszek, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Montreseur

Montreseur

Hey guys, I am trying to cut a hole in the terrain. However, it is extremely frayed and there are small specs still left in the middle that I cannot removie. I know that the fraying is connected tot he perlin distortion. I have tried messing with the perlin dials in various sections of the shader but nothing seems to be reducing the fraying. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Tinus

Tinus

I need to do more testing, but I think the new shader compilation in Unity 4.5 breaks Relief Terrain for me. Seems it has trouble finding some includes that do actually exist in the correct location. :)

3. Eric-Hackathorn

Eric-Hackathorn

I think I'm having the same problem. Can anyone confirm that RTP currently isn't working with Unity 4.5?

4. PadenLee

PadenLee

I can confirm that Unity 4.5 breaks RTP.

5. PiAnkh

PiAnkh

Same for me too, RTP breaks in 4.5. Greyed out terrain and other problems.

6. tomaszek

tomaszek

Hi guys (and girls ?),

I will inspect the problem of cginclude paths today and prepare an update ASAP. This will be available via Updater section on my server (look for RTP3.1c when it's available).

Anyway - I don't visit this thread much often as it has been moved to RTP3 thread. Please post there.

ATB, Tom

P.S. Quick solution might be copy/paste contents of missing cginc files right into shader (look for #include directive in RTP_Base.cginc and RTP_AddPass.cginc - there should be one inside and fix it manually).

7. solagracia

solagracia

Hi Tomas,

As shown below, it is displayed as a white fog.

Fog? Shader LOD?

Is not a global fog.
    I want to turn off that phenomenon.
    Do I need to set any options?

8. gecko

gecko

I got a terrain all set up and looking good with RTP. Then I inadvertently deleted the Export Terrain script in RTP (don't ask), which then threw console errors, so to be safe, I reimported the entire package via the Asset Store, But now all my terrain textures are very soft and blurry. Then I noticed that all my settings in _RTP_LODmanager were lost. So I set that up again, and clicked Recompile Shaders. Now the entire terrain is black. Hmm. Any suggestions?

9. tomaszek

tomaszek

guys, this thread HAS BEEN CLOSED. Go for the official one (above).

@gecko - Go to settings/main and use refresh all button

Tom

10. FisherM

FisherM

by default I am getting very glossy results is there a reason for this? Have I done something wrong?

ksam2 likes this.
  11. TheBraxton

TheBraxton

There's a new lighting window for Unity5 that allows you to change surface "reflectiveness". I just found this watching a new unity5 "primer" video on youtube. Turning that down will give you the dirt effect you're looking for i believe!

That said, does anyone know or can make a video tutorial series that goes in-depth into settings for realistic looking terrain with RTP? I spent 20hrs this weekend trying ti replicate the quality I've seen in some RTP screenshots and videos but just barely got near SOME of them late last night.

I'd love a more updated tutorial series that deals with 3.2 for Unity 5. Maybe even some aspects that are new with Unity5 that can be used with RTP 3.2 that we couldn't do before?

Thanks!!!

[edit]: I'm surprised at how little video content there is regarding RTP given its power.

12. FisherM

FisherM

Well considering that was posted in october last year when U5 wasn't even out...

13. jc_lvngstn

jc_lvngstn

Do layers 9+ not support height and bump maps? I only see those options/slots for layers 1-8.

14. tomaszek

tomaszek

15. dokosatchii

dokosatchii

Hi. Not sure if you can see it, but I am getting an index out of range error when using RTP. Has anyone encountered this pink texture that's being loaded? This asset was working perfectly before, but for some reason this pink stuff is showing up everywhere.

Attached Files:

16. KnifeMedia

KnifeMedia

Trying to learn this software at the moment - I am finding it very complicated and hard to use. The margin of error to break your terrain is very high (I have just spent three hours trying to get my terrain to support Tessellation without going invisible, look good and capture light correctly but it still isn't up to scratch).

Errors like this persist:

What is that gloss issue that keeps popping up?

EDIT: its linked to the start and end fade elements in the main settings. Shouldn't it be fading naturally rather than in chunks?

It is very powerful software and definitely worth the money, but the learning curve is really steep and I'm feeling a bit regretful. At the moment I'm going to get better results with the standard terrain engine. Everything comes out too bright or reflective even when I adjust gloss and specular.

I have just hit another issue now where my POM has completely gone.

I really want to use this is our next game. Can I get some help?

EDIT2: What is this happening for?

EDIT3: After much fiddling around I have managed to find the source of my problems :) I had to bring down the world lightness in the main settings a bit. Might be a good idea to lower that if you want more realistic depth to your colours.

I'm gonna keep pushing with this until I get it right. That being said, I just managed to make some pretty beautiful rocks and lava flows.

I would still like to know how to get Tessellation working without breaking the terrain.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015