Search Unity

TextMesh Pro RTL Text Mesh Pro. Free and Open-Source plugin to add Persian and Arabic support to TextMeshPro

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Deleted User, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,
    Can you give me an sample text which the plugin doesn't convert properly? (Also include the correct representation)

2. fabioramos8

fabioramos8

Here's the inputstring:

input string.png

And the output in the chatbox.

chatbox.png

As you can see the space tag isn't recognized. Also, shouldn't "ASDF" come after the W's? The chatbox has enough space in the second line to accommodate "ASDF" and even if it wouldn't, shouldn't "ASDF" appear in that line by default?

3. AceEX7

AceEX7

I Read on the TextMeshPro forum that a new release is expected soon, could you please make sure that the text property will be virtual so I could use the cloud build services, much appreciated @Stephan_B

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The iTextProcessor interface won't be in this next preview release but it will be in the subsequent one that should be out the following week. I am currently going through the steps to release the first preview of version 1.5.0 for Unity 2018.4 and 2.1.0 for Unity 2019.x.

kimcatq and AceEX7 like this.
  5. Alpha7Wolf

Alpha7Wolf

Thanks, @mnarimani, This package is wonderful and amazing.
    but there is an issue with sprite assets.
    I cant use sprite assets in my text, when I put English text it works normal but when I change it to Persian or Arabic it doesn't work at all.
    here is the text: <sprite=3 color=#55FF55FF> امم <sprite="UI 2" index=1>
    and here are the outputs:
    011.PNG
    022.PNG

again thanks for the package.:)

6. fabioramos8

fabioramos8

Hey @mnarimani, wondering if you had the opportunity to look into the issue I described in my previous post. Feel free to let me know if you need any additional information that would help debug it.

7. GoldenEagleTech

GoldenEagleTech

Why hasn't this been added yet in the official TMP? Its 2019 and sir, I just would like to say that you are a legend.
    الله يحفظك ويفتح لك ابواب الرزق ان شاء الله

Love from Moscow.

YaserDev likes this.
  8. mudibushnaq

mudibushnaq

Hey, friend at first thanks for the Free RTL plugin.
    شكرا

I use :
    Unity 2019.2.12f1
    TextMeshPro : 2.0.1

I get some errors when I first load the font on those line of codes

and every time I close my editor I got those null errors :

double-clicking will bring me to this line of code :

and sometimes I get those errors:

Regards,

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  9. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

Hi!

Tell me, please!

In your plugin, tags don't work with quotes (<color="#000">text</color>), but they work without quotes (<color=#000>text</color>).

We need to have quotes, because this is the html standard and quotes should be.
    Please tell me how to make tags work with quotes?

Thanks!

10. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

Oh no...
    This in TMP doesn't work with quotes, sad...

11. afshin_a_1

afshin_a_1

tnx @mnarimani . you're a hero. but i have a problem.
    I added a text the size of a page. there is no problem when i use textmesh pro, but with rtltextmesh pro i get this error:
    IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

it refers to this method in FastStringBuilder class:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void Append(char ch)
    2. {
    3.            if (capacity < Length)
    4.                EnsureCapacity(Length, true);
    6.            array[Length] = ch;  //***it refers to this line of code
    7.            Length++;
    8. }
    it seems like you have declared an array that can store for example 8 elements not 9. why the code isn't in a try/catch block? how to solve this problem?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  12. kimcatq

kimcatq

Does anyone know if the latest TextMeshPro [1.5.0-preview.5] support Right-to-Left writing like Farsi?

Stephen_B mentioned ITextPreprocessor, but I can't find any information/tutorial about it.
    Since I don't understand Farsi, it difficult for me to understand how it's rendered. All I know is it looks wrong.

13. Keita-kun

Keita-kun

Thank you so mush for this plugin you're a life saver ;)

14. Keita-kun

Keita-kun

Hi, I am using Unity 2019.2.20f1 since I added the RTL TMP plugin to my project replaced regular text with RTL TMP changed modifier on from public string to public virtual string text enabled define override directive I got multiple issues now:
    1 UI element not responding all are simple buttons
    2 I am geeting a wierd msg each time the project is loaded as if my TMP_Text.cs gets overwritten each time project is opened
    3 some RTL TMP text will have a sub item others will not
    can you help me or should I give Up on developing Arabic games for now?

15. e2000

e2000

Hi @Stephan_B,
    Any news on adding the virtual key to the text field in TMP_Text.cs in TMP release?
    Because TMP_Text.cs gets overwritten each time the project is opened.

16. e2000

e2000

For anyone who has an issue like this, you can fix overwrite issue by embed TMP library in your project. For that in Unity 2019 just copy com.unity.textmeshpro@#.#.# folder from Library\PackageCache to your project's Packages folder and remove this com.unity.textmeshpro@#.#.# folder from Library\PackageCache.

17. mbrmj

mbrmj

Hi @mnarimani,

Thanks for this great plugin, much much appreciated. I have a question, can I use this plugin on 3D Object TextMeshPro? I can't see this option under GameObject -> 3D Object menu. I want to write Arabic inside 3D space. The plugin is only available under GameObject -> UI which is used inside the Canvas.

Thanks again.

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi, Manually add "RTLTextMeshPro3D" to an empty gameobject.

19. mbrmj

mbrmj

@mnarimani THANKS it worked. Have a nice day~

20. reza74vi

reza74vi

@mnarimani
    Does it also work for 2d?
    I'm trying to make some kinda damage pop up prefab without canvas but it seems that it only works with text mesh pro component
    Not the rtl text mesh pro component.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  21. HappyEle

HappyEle

hi ,I have a problem. Package version 1.4.1
    I occasionally get an error when I type in Chinese!
    I am very puzzled!
    Please help me to see why!

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    TMPro.TMP_InputField.GenerateHightlight (UnityEngine.UI.VertexHelper vbo, UnityEngine.Vector2 roundingOffset) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.4.1/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_InputField.cs:3409)
    TMPro.TMP_InputField.OnFillVBO (UnityEngine.Mesh vbo) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.4.1/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_InputField.cs:3286)
    TMPro.TMP_InputField.UpdateGeometry () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.4.1/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_InputField.cs:3219)
    TMPro.TMP_InputField.Rebuild (UnityEngine.UI.CanvasUpdate update) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.4.1/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_InputField.cs:3194)
    UnityEngine.UI.CanvasUpdateRegistry.PerformUpdate () (at D:/unity/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/CanvasUpdateRegistry.cs:198)
    UnityEngine.Canvas:SendWillRenderCanvases()

22. IndieFist

IndieFist

Hi!
    I have some question about implementing this asset.
    I need to update my text content by code.
    Should i use textmeshpro text component or RTLTextMeshPro and access in my class and update content?
    I just reading documentation but cannot find the way to do it, if i paste my arab text in unity edittor looks fine, but how should i update this content?

23. flashframe

flashframe

You can use the RTLSupport class FixRTL() function to update the text in code. No need to use the RTLTMPro component.

IndieFist likes this.
  24. IndieFist

IndieFist

Then i should reference my normal textmeshpro and after download the string to be used do RTLSupport.FixRTL()¿ so easy i need to check it
    Ok, i need to use this method but i have some problem:
    string resultado =
    Desc2.text = RTLSupport.FixRTL(mystring, RTLTMPro.FastStringBuilder(DefaultBufferSize), farsi: true,preserveNumbers:true);
    I dont know who to pass this value: RTLTMPro.FastStringBuilder(DefaultBufferSize)

I have working this way:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. protected readonly FastStringBuilder finalText = new FastStringBuilder(RTLSupport.DefaultBufferSize);
    2.         public string GetFixedText(string input)
    3.         {
    4.             if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(input))
    5.                 return input;
    7.             finalText.Clear();
    8.             RTLSupport.FixRTL(input, finalText, true, true, true);
    9.             finalText.Reverse();
    11.             return finalText.ToString();
    12.         }
    14.         void TryText()
    15.         {
    16.             string estaDescripcio = LocalizationManager.GetTranslation("DesBoxErich");
    17.             Desc2.text = estaDescripcio;
    18.             Desc2.text = GetFixedText(estaDescripcio);
    19.         }
    But looks bad
    In the picture i have attached, in left block is how looks trying to do it with code, on right panel is with RTLTextMeshPro plugin and paste in editor the content.

If i get my string with LocalizationManager.TryGetTranslation("DesBoxErich", out porSiAcaso, FixForRTL: false); then looks better.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  25. flashframe

flashframe

Your code looks right to me - except I set "farsi" to false

Code (CSharp):
    1. RTLSupport.FixRTL(input, finalText, false, true, true);
    Not sure if that makes a difference or if you need farsi support.

But don't forget, you also need to set IsRightToLeft to true on the TMP component

Code (CSharp):
    1. tmpComponent.isRightToLeftText = true;

IndieFist likes this.
  26. IndieFist

IndieFist

Well i dont know exactly if text looks fine i have to check with someone that speak arab xD

27. KmUnity3d

KmUnity3d

thank u for your great work!

i am using this plugin(version 3.2.4) with unity 2020 and visual studio 2017 15.8.1 . as soon as i import the package in my project i get this error :

Assets\RTLTMPro\Scripts\Editor\RTLTextMeshProEditor.cs(8,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TMP_UiEditorPanel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

do u have any idea how to solve it?

Edit : I tested it with two different empty projects , one in unity 2020.1.10 and one in unity 2019.2.15 . it had no error with 2019 (empty project) ,but with unity 2020 (empty project) the error i mentioned above was seen agian.

Edit : I investigated more and found that TMP_UiEditorPanel class is found under "TMPro.EditorUtilities" namespace of "Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.dll" in unity 2019, however there is no such class under "TMPro.EditorUtilities" namespace of "Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.dll" in unity 2020.hope it helps.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  28. Keita-kun

Keita-kun

Hi there, send me a print screen I'll tell y a if it is correctly written (char joined RTL way)

IndieFist likes this.
  29. IndieFist

IndieFist

I just attached both pictures, in english and arab language, english is good, but arab?

Attached Files:

Keita-kun likes this.
  30. Keita-kun

Keita-kun

You couldn't be more Arabic ^^ it is 100% correct but the translation is off ie: if translate from Arabic it says the ads will play on game, the security guard can't see you can't hear you and can't see you. It is like reversed version of your original English text where as in Arabic same thing would be NoArabic text allowed.png .

May I ask in which version of unity did you get it to work, I tried up to 2018.4 and gave Up Arabic text never displays with many font tried also.

Just a suggestion: I guess your difficulty lvl makes it so that each of these NPC can't see you or hear you try adjusting text according to that and add either the word [each of] "NO ARABIC ALLOWED" or the singular form may help reducing text foot print on the UI.

31. IndieFist

IndieFist

"but the translation is off" you mean my translation is wrong?
    i got mine working on 2019.4.X and 2019.2x i could share code if you need it.

32. Mask2007

Mask2007

Your plugin uses the licensed Segoeui.ttf font from Microsoft. I understand correctly? If so, if I release a game to Google Play using this plugin, will I be violating the license?

33. ddadkhah

ddadkhah

Hi,
    Did you find any solution for it?

34. Keita-kun

Keita-kun

Sorry for long delay,COVID19 thrown up the wall the hole thing:p. Thank you, Yes I'd apriciate the check the code for or should I say the setup to display Arabic correctly.
    as per the translation it is correct as I said, actually from a semantic or aesthetic point view to change the style a bit ^_^

35. Crossway

Crossway

Dose this asset still works? I see squares instead of persian characters.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  36. RahmatAli_Noob

RahmatAli_Noob

I Am Using the RTL pro Package in Unity To Write the Arabic and English Language. The RTL Pro Package is Working perfectly fine and I can Write the Arabic and English. But there is Some Issue.

When I Try to Write the English Letter First and then Arabic in same Sentence, Like Example: "Hello, غتناب Buddy". This is The Correct Format I required. but in the RTL Pro Package it is not Showing properly. It Appears Like this "Hello ل ايا ي Buddy ". Image:

My desired result is that: "Hello, غتناب Buddy". Any help Regarding this Issue.
    Is there Anyone Who Who faces this issue.
    Thanks.

37. RahmatAli_Noob

RahmatAli_Noob

Yes! This works Fine you Have to use the Font that Contain the Persian Letter's.
    Make the Font Asset try and Run.

38. KinanGH

KinanGH

For anyone that sees gibberish words after concatenating the text like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. rtltmp.text += "النص المضاف";
    simply use the
    OriginalText
    property like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. rtltmp.text = rtltmp.OriginalText + "النص المضاف";
    That will fix the problem, although I have no idea why the normal way of concatenating didn't work.
    Thanks for the plugin by the way.

GrassWhooper likes this.
  39. jeffdyerSRTMarine

jeffdyerSRTMarine

Hello - this has stopped working for me in Cloud Build today - is there some issue with the package manager or something?

[error] [2023-10-25T10:07:00Z - Unity] An error occurred while resolving packages:
    [2023-10-25T10:07:00Z - Unity] One or more packages could not be added to the local file system:
    [2023-10-25T10:07:00Z - Unity] com.nosuchstudio.rtltmpro: 'https://package.openupm.com/com.nosuchstudio.rtltmpro/-/com.nosuchstudio.rtltmpro-3.4.5.tgz' was not found
    [2023-10-25T10:07:00Z - Unity] Exiting without the bug reporter. Application will terminate with return code 1

40. furkansaglam038

furkansaglam038

Is there any solution about this?