Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RT-Voice - Run-time text-to-speech solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stefan-Laubenberger, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Mayckon_Jhonatas

Mayckon_Jhonatas

how can i implemente the azure in my app? someone can explain to me please?

2. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

You have to install the "Azure.unitypackage" from "Assets\Plugins\crosstales\RTVoice\3rd party".
    Afterwards, generate an API key and add it (and the "Endpoint"-urls) to the "Azure"-object:
    upload_2021-3-28_19-10-34.png

Finally, add it as "Custom Provider" to RT-Voice:
    upload_2021-3-28_19-12-26.png

That's all.

3. Mayckon_Jhonatas

Mayckon_Jhonatas

Can you show me how to criate correctly the azure key on the azure portal? I'm having some problems in this process and I'm not find anywhere a tutorial.

4. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

I also barely remember, sorry...
    However, you have to activate "Cognitive Services" under https://portal.azure.com/#home and add the keys (under "Manage keys"):
    Azure.png
    I hope this helps you further.

5. Mayckon_Jhonatas

Mayckon_Jhonatas

I found the api "key" and "endpoint". But where can i find the "request uri" ?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  6. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

You can tinker it together based on your endpoint - it has always the same schema.

An example:
    https://westus.api.cognitive.microsoft.com/sts/v1.0/issueToken
    https://westus.tts.speech.microsoft.com/cognitiveservices/v1

The bold text represents your region or endpoint - if you have another one, let's say "eastasia", the enpoint and request uri will become this:
    https://eastasia.api.cognitive.microsoft.com/sts/v1.0/issueToken
    https://eastasia.tts.speech.microsoft.com/cognitiveservices/v1

For more, see this link:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/speech-service/regions

XyrisKenn likes this.
  7. Mayckon_Jhonatas

Mayckon_Jhonatas

thanks a lot! this solved my problem.

Stefan-Laubenberger likes this.
  8. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

If you like our tool/support and given you find some time, a nice review is always appreciated ;)

9. Mayckon_Jhonatas

Mayckon_Jhonatas

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void anunciar()
    2.     {
    4.         Speaker.Speak(anuncioPCText.text, null, Speaker.VoiceForName(VoiceName));
    6.     }
    i'm having problem here. i can't add a voice name. what could i do? i'm using the azure api.

10. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

What happens?

11. Mayckon_Jhonatas

Mayckon_Jhonatas

I followed your tutorial but, I am not able to call the function to convert the text to audio.

12. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Can you try it with our demo from the Azure-folder? If it doesn't work, do you see any errors in the console?

13. AaronOjeda

AaronOjeda

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the answer, it is clarifying indeed.

I was aware of those two different panels, but some voices that I have downloaded from the UWP panel are visible in the SAPI5 panel. When I download a new voice I don't have the option to specify my preferred TTS-system so I guess each voice has its own format and I can't install this specific voice for SAPI5.

I have read some post about using these voices for UWP as SAPI5 voices by editing the Registry. Have you heard something about this? Anyway maybe I'll try it. Thanks again!

Regards
    Aaron.

14. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

You can install free and commercial voices, like from Cereproc etc.
    However, please let me know your findings.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  15. chgeorgiadis

chgeorgiadis

A quick resume. I have two Avatars (female/male) on Android on different scenes with Salsa for Lip sync and RT Voice and i want to give the appropriate gender voice to both them. Due to Android's limitation (can not define gender) i am using the Google TTS asset. Is that possible?
    Any short suggestion (maybe with bullets) how to achieve that? I am working on demo RT-Voice and Google TTS for now but i didnt manage to implement with Salsa. If it helps i would like to use en-GB-Standard-A and en-GB-Standard-B for female and male respectively. Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  16. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

You could manually check the voices for the gender under Android and use them instead of Google TTS. However, if you want to have the same voices everywhere, this is certainly the right way.

About SALSA: did you see our demo scenes? If not, please take a look at them.
    The basics are like this:
    1. The "SALSA"-component needs an audio source, which is normally added on the same gameobject
    2. The "Speak"-method from RT-Voice has a parameter for the audio source.
    3. Therefore, if you want to use SALSA and RTV together, pass the audio source to the "Speak" call
    Thats all, you can see the code in "SpeakSimple.cs":
    upload_2021-4-11_12-35-27.png

Cheers
    Stefan

chgeorgiadis likes this.
  17. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

We've just released version 2021.2.0 of RT-Voice.
    Main changes:
    • UI: speak Text and InputFields
    • iOS: voice handling improved
    • Android: SSML support
    • Updated to Common 2021.2.0
    We've also updated the demo scenes to show the new speak-functionality for UI-elements.

Furthermore, it's also on sale, grab it while you can ;)

18. mshafieluru

mshafieluru

Hi
    I know this is old post, can you please share an example of Azure TTS API integration. In the documentation it is mentioned like native audio file

Can we pass the API URL of the Azure TTS to the model ?

Regards
    Shafi

19. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi Shafi

Thank you for your interest in RT-Voice!

Azure is fully integrated - there is even a demo scene for it :)
    You basically have to change those three parameters and add it as custom provider to RT-Voice:
    upload_2021-4-17_2-15-44.png

That's all!
    You can test the API in our demo builds.

If you have any additional questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
    Stefan

20. Barnimsson

Barnimsson

Hi All!

I just bought the plugin and I have a problem with package installation, version: 2021.2.1
    Tested on new empty 3d projects in Unity 2018.4.34f, 2019.4.24 and 2020.3.4f1 / Windows10.

Tried to hit the import button multiple times after installation. Tried restarting Unity.
    No Tools menu at the top and no RT Voice in the context menu on the Hierarchy window.
    In the console those errors:

upload_2021-4-17_17-49-34.png

Proof:

upload_2021-4-17_17-47-50.png

Maybe I did something wrong, but to be honest I don't think so.
    Please help :)

21. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

Thank you very much for reporting this issue!
    It's now fixed and we will release it soon.

However, if you like to have access to the new version, please send me an email with your invoice.

Cheers
    Stefan

22. Barnimsson

Barnimsson

Thanks for a quick response! Email sent.

Cheers,
    Maciej

23. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Fix sent ;)

24. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

We've just released version 2021.2.2 of RT-Voice.
    Main changes:
    • Support for Naninovel
    • Android: fix for error in Unity Editor
    • Built-in providers improved

25. simonsen

simonsen

Quick note; the new one (same as for 2021.2.1), the Demo scenes are all missing a prefab (presumably the RTVoice prefab, since that's the one I'm looking for).

upload_2021-4-21_14-27-46.png

26. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

Please extract the "UI"-package from "Assets/Plugins/crosstales/Common/Extras".
    Does that solve the issue?

So long,
    Stefan

27. simonsen

simonsen

Yes, it did, thanks.

28. simonsen

simonsen

Quick bit of feedback; you might want to throw an explicit error message if the GlobalCache isn't added to the scene; atm it works fine in the editor, but will crash with an Object Reference not set on release builds. Adding the GlobalCache prefab to the scene fixes it, but debugging player builds can be a frustrating experience.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Crosstales.RTVoice.Speaker.SpeakWithUID (Crosstales.RTVoice.Model.Wrapper wrapper) [0x00100] in <04491f5016544868b7509f3d45cc0ad6>:0
    at Crosstales.RTVoice.Speaker.Speak (System.String text, UnityEngine.AudioSource source, Crosstales.RTVoice.Model.Voice voice, System.Boolean speakImmediately, System.Single rate, System.Single pitch, System.Single volume, System.String outputFile, System.Boolean forceSSML) [0x00015] in <04491f5016544868b7509f3d45cc0ad6>:0

29. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hello again

This is fixed in 2021.2.3, which is currently in the review process of the store.
    If you like to have the fixed version now, please send me an email with your invoice.

Cheers
    Stefan

30. simonsen

simonsen

It's fine; fixed locally, just a bit of feedback.

Quick question: I'm adding this to a VN, and so far just going with the system voices. I could have sworn I've downloaded and installed additional Windows System Voices, but so far I'm not seeing them show up as options when querying the system. Does it require a system restart, some kind of registration, or something else?

31. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Please see this post:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rt-...o-speech-solution.340046/page-29#post-6979943

May you have them installed for the "wrong" TTS?

32. fwalker

fwalker

Stefan, I believe I might have seen this answer in the forum. But I can no longer find it.
    Can you do multiple/different languages?

33. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

RT-Voice can speak ANY language as long as you provide a voice for the language.

Please see chapter 17.1 of the documentation for an overview over the supported languages per provider:
    https://www.crosstales.com/media/data/assets/rtvoice/RTVoice-doc.pdf

Cheers
    Stefan

34. fwalker

fwalker

Using those voices costs money, does it not?

35. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

It depends, the cloud providers like "AWS Polly", "Azure" and "Google Cloud" are subscription based but offer free tiers (afaik 1mio characters per month are free).

MaryTTS and eSpeak are free and open source and the other providers use the voices from the device, which are also free, except you decide to buy additional voices from a 3rd party provider.

36. masai2k

masai2k

Hi stefan,
    when I compile my project for Windows from a macOs, I receive these errors:

Type '[Assembly-CSharp-firstpass]Crosstales.RTVoice.Tool.AudioFileGenerator' has an extra field 'sampleRate' of type 'Crosstales.Common.Model.Enum.SampleRate' in the player and thus can't be serialized (expected 'generateOnStart' of type 'System.Boolean')
    Type '[Assembly-CSharp-firstpass]Crosstales.RTVoice.Tool.AudioFileGenerator' has an extra field 'bitsPerSample' of type 'System.Int32' in the player and thus can't be serialized (expected 'generateOnStart' of type 'System.Boolean')

and so on...

Is it possible to compile my project for Windows from a macOS? Or I had to do the build form a Windows system?

Thanks
    Massimo

37. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

You're right - this is a problem that's now fixed.
    Just send me an email and I will give you the new version.

38. evolvingtech

evolvingtech

Question regarding your Demos in RT-Voice Pro 2021.2.3... Whenever I open any of the demo scenes (like 01-Speech) in the Editor, the scene is immediately marked as having been altered, even though I have yet to make any change in the scene. Any idea why this happens?

Then whenever I switch to another scene it asks me if I want to save changes. This becomes quite cumbersome, and I would like to eliminate this oddity if at all possible.

39. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

The reason for this is quite simple - as soon as you open a demo scene, a "RTVoice" (and "GlobalCache") prefab are instantiated automatically (e.g. a script references these singletons).
    There's nothing to worry about.

However, you can prevent this by manually adding those two prefabs to your scene.

Cheers
    Stefan

40. evolvingtech

evolvingtech

That explains it and you offer a very simple way to address it. Thanks!

41. twinklapps

twinklapps

Hi @Stefan-Laubenberger,

My team has just updated to Xcode 12.5 and we have noticed our unity build now contains an error relating to the RTVoice asset.

We have updated to the latest Unity 2020 LTS (2020.3.6f1) and have also updated to the most recent version of the RTVoice asset on the Unity Asset Store (2021.2.3). This unfortunately didn't fix our issue. We downgraded Xcode to test that the project still worked on Xcode 12.4 and it worked completely fine.

The issue seems to lie in the RTVoiceIOSBridge.mm file - specifically the AVSpeechSynthesizer singleton.

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 10.33.13.png

I haven’t had the chance to fix this on our side just yet. But wondered whether you was aware of this issue? And can this be fixed in a newer version of the asset?

Thanks,

Twinkl Apps

42. twinklapps

twinklapps

If anyone else is having the same issue, this seems to have fixed the issue for now. Just update the file 'RTVoiceIOSBridge.mm' in your Unity Assets folder here: 'Assets/Plugins/crosstales/RTVoice/Libraries/iOS' with this code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. +(AVSpeechSynthesizer *) synthesizer
    2. {
    3.     if (_synthesizer == nil) {
    4.     static dispatch_once_t p;
    5.         dispatch_once(&p, ^{
    6.             _synthesizer = [[AVSpeechSynthesizer alloc] init];
    7.         });
    8.     }
    9.     return _synthesizer;
    10. }
    Here is what your changes should look like:
    Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 19.52.49.png

I am no Objective C expert - so this is only a temporary fix to allow you to build your project.

Shoutout to this stackoverflow thread that helped me fix this issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...signing-to-idavaudioplayerdelegate-from-class.

Specifically this section:

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 19.59.46.png

Thanks,

Twinkl Apps Team

43. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Thank you very much, this is awesome!

We will add the fix to the next release!

44. delexaet

delexaet

Hey, I installed RT-Voice PRO 2021.2.3 on Unity 2020.2.1 and have an issue. All the demo scenes look like this (even after importing all the assets in the UI.unitypackage file).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

45. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

Did you update the RT-Voice version in your project? If so, did you follow chapter 10 of the documentation:
    https://www.crosstales.com/media/data/assets/rtvoice/RTVoice-doc.pdf

Have you also installed the "Demos.unitypackage"?

So long,
    Stefan

delexaet likes this.
  46. delexaet

delexaet

Ah didnt know there was another unitypackage called Demos. Thanks that solved my problem!

47. Boliver0482

Boliver0482

Thanks for this. Just hit the same issue (sat working in a field camping as a change of home office - so fact it quick and easy and not a big download helpful.

Do you know when it will be a permanent fix. Seems to break all Xcode 12.5 builds. Ta.

48. Boliver0482

Boliver0482

Hmm. Looks like this ir something else may have broken the speechcomplete method from firing. I'll need take a more detailed look when I'm back.

49. Boliver0482

Boliver0482

Hello. So having had a look, I can confirm there is an issue in that on iOS, onspeakcomplete doesn't seem to be firing when the speech comes to a natural end, (i.e. the full strings is spoken). It does fire if you trigger a speaker.instance.silence.

This only started happening with Xcode 12.5 and the fix suggested earlier to the RtVoiceIosBridge.mm file to allow RTVoice pro projects to compile in that version of Xcode. This is tested on an iPad running 14.4.2.

I'm away from home so can't test with an earlier Xcode or other iOS versions.

This doesn't impact Android or an iOS simulated session within Unity editor.

Thanks,
    Bob.

50. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi Bob

I think the current solution doesn't include the delegate, which will result in the issues you described.
    Unfortunately, I'm on holiday for the next 3 weeks without a Mac and therefore, my options are fairly limited.
    However, I will try to find a solution for it - please give me some time to think about it.

So long,
    Stefan