Search Unity

RPG Maker Auto Tile Impoter Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by odino, May 17, 2018.

1. odino

odino

Hello to everyone!
    This is the official post about my first Asset store work!

Asset Store Link

here some maps generated in just few minutes with unity and my little tool :)

What is this tool?
    This little impoter let you import and use the RPG maker auto tile set into your Unity project.
    Since Unity 2017.2 we can use the integrate tile map to make wonderfull map. And RPG maker has a tons of free (and not) auto tiles asset.
    My code will generate all the files needed to use the auto tiles, and the you'll be able to draw your map like you do into rpg maker.
    I need to add some functionality but it works :)

If you want visit my web site dedicated page

At the moment it fully support
    • RPG MAKER VX and ACE Auto tiles (A1, A2, A3, A4). The A5 file is not supported, and it's used as not auto tiles even in the originale RPG Maker.
    • RPG MAKER XP: fully support the terrain. Need to work to improve the water auto tile behaviour
    • Wolf RPG editor: it support water and terrain from this japanese tool
    use this thread to report any bug or to ask question about the tool :)

Know bug
    • sometimes fire some exceptions while generating the tile. Just click "Generate" again and the second time it will be ok. I think is related to the internal shared texture
    • not working properly on unity 2018.1 : you can't see the preview on the tile palette. But this is true even for the standard tile generate by unity. It's a unity bug.
    Hope you like this work
    Let me know what do you think about it.

Eater_Games likes this.