Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. dell

dell

@mr_Necturus

I just bought the RPG Kit 2.0 a few minutes ago for the great interface and tons of work put into the code. Your characters were just a bonus that was a nice enticement.

The first thing I did after I bought RPG Kit 2.0 was check out your store Mr. Necturus. I saw the great ship model and textures for
    . Now I have my eye on that model and will likely buy it in the near future along with some of your other work.

So don't be disappointed that your models are in RPG 2.0. It made me go to your store to see what else you have and now you will soon have a new customer who did not know about you before!

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Thank you Dell.

I know, there is no only my models here. But if one want to buy my characters 3-5 times chipper then from me, he will buy Zerano Kit. I try such situation will never happens again.

3. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I agree. I also plan on buying all your models. I love the ship and all the scenes. I had planned on making an entire land in your model's style. Before this kit I had no idea about your models.

4. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Thank you dreamlarp.

As people say: every cloud has a silver lining. ;)

But this is only hopes. Not far time ago I sold to Zerano several of my new best characters for really low for extended license price.

Because he bought already from me and seems me nice guy. Now these models feeds him. And time I spend to create it was almost wasting.

I think I can do now nothing about it. And I am very upset.

5. DevionGames

DevionGames

I had a special running, which ended already. So the price will go up. I do not understand why we can not clear that via skype or pm. There is always a solution!

6. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

I don't know, It may be impossible that price of you kit will be more then models included in (even his normal price). We didn't speak about it, its my fault, no matter if you planned that kit will cost less them models or not.

But I don't want such situation will happened with me again. I don't think I can do something in this case, but sure will not sell models with extended license in that way.

7. DevionGames

DevionGames

I have sended you a skype request again and a pm, i am sure we will sort that out!

8. RobertoGD

RobertoGD

How I can add my character from my 3d model and add my enemies?

9. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am working on that, will be be up in a few days, there will be a wizard for that.

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

A new small update is availible:

Version 2.0.4 (Latest Version)
    • Fixed: Character was moving/jumping while chatting
    • New: Setup Wizard that will add components on your prefabs for enemy, quest or shop npc
    • New: All needed components will be added on your character prefab during character asset saving in the Character Editor.
    • New: All needed components will be added on your item prefab during item asset saving from the Item Editor

11. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

I was playing the demo and
    I must admit,
    you have done a great job in this kit zerano. i mean visually compared to your other projects
    congrats!

found a bug while playing the demo on multiplayer mode tho:
    when the player character dies, in some cases the player resurrects in dead animation, you can still move around but in dead animation mode.

got a few questions :
    i see that you just added multiplayer feature in the previous update, now, is this fully featured multiplayer?
    ie:
    Authoritative server saving advancement of the player server side to avoid cheating?
    how about server side collisions to prevent walkthru walls cheats?

is it all currently in the kit? or in plans for future?

is there a detail info regarding multiplayer features handled by server side?

thank you.

12. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

here a few more bugs i found

when using mouse mode on the controller, my mouse gets hijacked as it should be but cant return to other mode, good to know that the alt key will let you show mouse cursor but still not friendly.

also when mouse click mode, if you teleport this feature wont work.

and to disabling key strokes for ingame window functionswhile chatting since it is annoying to see all windows popping up and jumping while chatting, but seems like you fixed that in your current version as per your demo ingame chat,
    i guess you just need to upload the new demo for changes take effect.

so far those are the noticeable bugs i found atm, will post more as i play more with the demo.

keep up the good work

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  13. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you very much.

Yes some bugs are fixed already and i will upload the new demo tommorow.
    Regards the server side, i use photon cloud and since we can not add custom code, it is not authoritative server, the master client do all the ai though. It would also not be to difficult to add uLink as authoritive server, but i wanted to show a demo without hosting a server. so i will leave the photon cloud solution for now.

14. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

great to know the bugs are fixed,

also notice other bug that may be difficult to find,

i selected the multiplayer mode, then created a room and was in the character select screen, but for some reason i had to leave the desktop for a few mins to take care something else, and when i returned to my desktop i was already ingame scene without me selecting a character and with no character ingame, so just the camera and could not move.

regarding the multiplayer, I really recommend you go the Ulink way, reasons are a lot of them, but the primary is the authoritative server,
    the server side physics and collisions, plus is easier to use than photon,

so I really encourage you to go the ulink way instead, but that is just my opinion.

thanks

15. DevionGames

DevionGames

Ahh yes, now when you say it, i know what is wrong there hehe, i will fix it. it is the bug because you are master client when you create a room and if another guy logs in he swiches the scene for you too before you can select the character, it is a small fix, i will hide the room, before the character is spawned.

Thanks for reporting!

16. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Zerano, please, take off all pictures you got on my site from this thread.
    You need to make you own.

17. Hans

Hans

How is the First person setting going ?

18. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Hm... If this question for me... I had such a plans some time ago. But decided not to go on.For several reasons.

19. DevionGames

DevionGames

It is in the works and will be something similiar to this.

I wanted to let you all know, that mr_Necturus stopped to support me as his customer and of course you as my customers because of a conflict. So if you have any question regards the included models, feel free to ask me and i will try to help as much as i can.

I took your pictures down mr_Necturus and i am sorry for any circumstances.

20. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

People say sorry when they stop to do for what they are sorry, usually. Otherwise it sound pretty insincerely.

21. DevionGames

DevionGames

As a temporary solution for the conflict i have raised the price of the kit until we find a reasonable solution for us both(mr_Necturus and me).
    It will take at maximum 1-2 days.

22. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Good for me.
    Thank you, Zerano.

23. Stoppered

Stoppered

You seem like a disloyal person, you combined something with Zerano he paid to use the models with extended license and you grew up in the eye little money he has earned, and still wants more money, be a good person meets their agreements if you combined something with it go to the end, do not try to earn more than the combined my friend I'm sure the Zerano could pay more to you and try to help publicize your work doing a mega discount store selling the kit together you really have some good models but your only problem is that you are greedy and liar.

Be honest, regards !

24. Archania

Archania

Don't start saying things that you personally know nothing about. The only ones that understand the deal are the ones handling it and that is Zerano and Mr Necturus.
    Otherwise you are sticking your nose in something that has nothing to do with you. Nor do you know anything about what they personally discussed.
    This is how people start getting ideas about other people and rumors start. Stay out of it.
    I know both people and I'm sure they will work out whatever needs to be without any comments from me, you, or anyone else.

25. dell

dell

Hi Zerano,

How do I get the 2.04 update? I bought this yesterday and it was 2.03

thanks in advance for your help!

Dell :D

26. Hans

Hans

Hi Dell

go to your account were you d/l 2.03, and redown load it will be 2.04 :)

i d/l 2.04 this morning

27. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

The RPG Kit 2.0 is not that great. The only thing that came out of it is the art assets. I hope it works out for you mr_Necturus. Good luck.

28. Jaimi

Jaimi

This thread is disturbing to customers who have purchased assets from both vendors in good faith. I suggest working problems out so as not to cause doubt and confusion in customers. My suggestion - Zerano could remove parts of the packs (leaving 1 or 2 skeletons, 1 or 2 ratkins, and a some of the heroes), and put in a text file on how people could purchase the additional models to make up the collections. In Return, Mr. Necturus could refund half of the purchase price for the models in the collection. Both would agree that the models in the pack are then licensed for redistribution. Existing customers would be grandfathered in with the models they already have. For what it is worth, my opinion is that this would resolve this situation the most amicably. I must say that I am currently not feeling good purchasing anything from either until this is resolved.

29. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Both of you need to sort this out in private or just stop. You are both creating unnecessary noise.

30. hike1

hike1

I'm still looking for a real RPG kit, to me that means single-player, with dialog at least at the Ultima 6 level (1991) and saving the game. I don't
    need any art assets.

31. DevionGames

DevionGames

mr_Necturus and I comes to agreement that my customers have same rights to use assets they bought within my kits as if they bought it from Mr. Necturus store.

I promise not to distribute Mr. Necturus assets in any way except to resell them within my kits.

We are very sorry about all what happened!

I started creating kits as a hobby and with years in becomes a real business with a very good revenue, such business can turn people in a direction, they did not want and so i diceded to close my shop today. This decision is not part of the agreement and fully comes from my side. I hope to open it some day again, but for now i need a small break from all this and see this again as a hobby!

You will be still able to download the products you purchased, but i will not coninue selling them. In my break time i will update my kits and help, give support to all my customers.

Best regards Zerano

32. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

This agreement is true.

I agree that Zerano customers have same rights to use my assets they bought within his kits as if they bought it from Mr. Necturus store. All this providing that Zerano promise not to distribute Mr. Necturus assets in any way except to resell them within his kits.

The assets which included in Zerano kits only are:

http://mr-necturus.com/shop/army_of_skeletons_unity_pack
    http://mr-necturus.com/shop/ratkin's_army_pack_unity
    http://mr-necturus.com/shop/warlock_playable_character_unity_asset
    http://mr-necturus.com/shop/seven_medieval_heroes_unity_pack
    http://mr-necturus.com/shop/unity_assets/unity_hero_2weapons_anim_collection

I didn't know about Zerano decision to close the shop. So it is surprise for me to.

I wish you good luck in your way.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  33. DevionGames

DevionGames

I will be still here to post the updates, hehe

But thank you very much!

34. Venged

Venged

Good luck to you Zerano! Thanks for all the support that you have given for this kit and your other kits that I own.

There is so much more I want to say but unlike some.....I know what to say in forums and what would have been better suited for private messages.

Good luck my friend,

Robert

35. Dinrae

Dinrae

Back to business ... what is planned for next updates? :p

36. DevionGames

DevionGames

Bugfixing and improvement, no new features!

37. Hans

Hans

First person setting?

38. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well yes, i can add this.

39. Venged

Venged

Zerano could you make all the documentation viewable offline? Maybe package it inside the asset folder?

40. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes i can make this but not for the next update, i need to write a lot of things in the last days, but i can add it in the near future.

41. ConnorC

ConnorC

I know you said you were not going to add more features but this is more of an improvement than a feature, would it be possible that in the next version you add the ability add more than 1 animation per attack as right now the basic attack is extremely repetitive it would be much better if there were 3 animations is cycled through rather than it just using 1 animation over and over

42. DevionGames

DevionGames

This is already possible!

You can simply add a new transition from one attack state to another attack state. I would do it via Timed Transition. There are also examples included, simple load the existing ai's and look at the attack states.

43. hcwork

hcwork

I think he might be talking about for the player character, not just the enemies

44. DevionGames

DevionGames

Ahh ok, well there is something planned in this direction, but not for the next update.

45. Hans

Hans

Any chance you can add this to the https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/7520 - it is free but it needs this (Requires KGFMapSystem v1.8 or higher) or can you give me some pointers on how to add it to your system.

I have both systems

Thanks

46. DevionGames

DevionGames

I just purchased the KGFMapSystem and will look into it.

47. Muktan

Muktan

great work dude :)

48. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you :)

49. Hans

Hans

Ausome looking forward to the update when is done :)

thanks alot Zerano

50. WJ

WJ

I have Ork but to be honest I'm thinking of switching over to this, Ork is cool but it's giving me headaches and this looks simpler to live with. I do have 1 question however, how difficult would it be for me to add mecanim support? I've already built custom controllers, navmesh stuff and all my controllers for my enemies etc and much prefer the mecanim animations to legacy especially cos I can give new moves to models that didn't originally have animations for them.

Lemme know so I can make the switch over :)

Edit: Also does this have a save system? Would I be able to hook it up to my backend etc?

Thanks

Last edited: May 14, 2013