Search Unity

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. markashburner

markashburner

Also the forum for Unitycoding has been reset? So virtually all support for this asset has been lost?

2. markashburner

markashburner

Hi Zerano I purchased your asset in 2016 and I am running into compiling errors with the 3.1.8 version with Unity 2017.303f

When I go to tools and into Item system and integrations and click on Photon Unity Network, it comes up with 4 compiling errors:

Assets/Unitycoding/ICode/Scripts/Integrations/Photon Unity Networking/Actions/PhotonNetwork/Instantiate.cs(45,32): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `PhotonNetwork.Instantiate(string, UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Quaternion, byte)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/Unitycoding/ICode/Scripts/Integrations/Photon Unity Networking/Actions/PhotonNetwork/Instantiate.cs(45,211): error CS1503: Argument `#4' cannot convert `int' expression to type `byte'

Assets/Unitycoding/ICode/Scripts/Integrations/Photon Unity Networking/Actions/PhotonNetwork/InstantiateSceneObject.cs(45,32): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `PhotonNetwork.InstantiateSceneObject(string, UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Quaternion, byte, object[])' has some invalid arguments

Assets/Unitycoding/ICode/Scripts/Integrations/Photon Unity Networking/Actions/PhotonNetwork/InstantiateSceneObject.cs(45,222): error CS1503: Argument `#4' cannot convert `int' expression to type `byte'

Also in the Proxy Editor it does not have the Photon option under Handler as you displayed in tutorials.

Would you be able to give me a solution to these issues?

Thanks

3. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

How can I find a video tutorial of how to create a spell using Icode?

4. darknubis365

darknubis365

Is anyone still using this kit?Im having the hardest time getting the weapon shown its attached to the RHand bone and everything just not equipping if i make it visible it shows when i run the game,but if i hide it in order to have it equipped it just doesnt show in hand

5. treshold

treshold

Have you edited Equipment handler- component that can be found from RPG Player prefab? Hide your weapon in RHand bone and dragndrop it to list in equipment handler and and select corresponding inventory item for it.

6. darknubis365

darknubis365

Yea i tried that but the confusing part is when i drag and drop the item it shows a red setup button,i've click and i have not clicked before the weapons just seem to show in inventory but not in my hand

7. darknubis365

darknubis365

Is there a discord channel setup for this?

8. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

The support for this asset appears to be abandoned.

9. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Its dead. DO NOT BUY.

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

treshold and Tethys like this.
  11. treshold

treshold

whee back in the business. I joined there too. I have used RPG Kit since 2014 :D :D

Tethys likes this.
  12. Tethys

Tethys

It's not dead, I also have used it since 2014 and have it in a live game on Steam right now. Great product!

treshold likes this.
  13. Lan

Lan

What voxel engine are you using? I have ultimate terrains but it's been kind of a chore to integrate in with a voxel building based engine.

14. Tethys

Tethys

We are using Terrain Engine, which is developed outside of the Unity asset store. Super robust and I integrated Uconstruct and RPG kit with it. I don't think the developer is selling licenses right now though. He mentioned working on an Asset Store version last time he posted in the Unity thread.