Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

Thank you. Your version is much better than what I had done so far. I'm working though the remaining issues.

I noticed dragging of talents to the action bar no longer works with this version. It looks like the set isDragging=false in slot.cs is being set before it can be checked in SlotContainer. For now I commented it out in slot.cs, to fix it. Do you know why this is happening?

Fixed chat by making OnSubmit public in ChatManager.cs, setting On Return Key to Submit on inspector Chat Input. as well as pointing On Submit to ChatManager/OnSubmit.

Fixed the display of the player's name when chatting by adding "PhotonNetwork.player.name = playerName;" in SetName on RuntimePlayer.cs

2. treshold

treshold

Zerano uploaded new video about wip shop system- it's great to see modular system means moaarrrr state machines :)

dreamlarp and Tethys like this.
  3. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

I take it RPG Kit will be getting a significant overhaul with 2.1?

I've had AI for Mecanim for a while but haven't had a chance to use it. Is it going to help with RPG Kit 2.1?

4. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes, many things will be made with the State Machine/AI For Macanim, because it is so easy to extend or cut down and makes the systems pretty flexible. You do not need to go into code, but you can change it visualy and it will/should not break updates.

5. neff11

neff11

I try to follow character tutorial, and when i open the panel... everything dark and nothing i cant add my own character..

6. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hello, please pm me your invoice number and i will try to helo you.

7. HELDWIND

HELDWIND

thank u

8. DevionGames

DevionGames

It is still a lot todo, but it is coming closer ;)

9. southdesi4

southdesi4

How do I download the latest version of the kit? I bought the lite version of this kit back in December when it was version 2.0.8. The download section on the website only lets me download that one and not the latest version.

10. HELDWIND

HELDWIND

Good evening, I have problem with the interface of talent, I can not find the corespondent scripts to make it work right.
    If a user has already resolved this , pleas can contact me by mp and tell me how to do ?
    I think every bady had this problem when import NGUI in rpg kit.
    I all ready change all gui exept talent panel.
    Thanks.

11. spritangel

spritangel

This is how i fix this problem for now you have to go to the RPG 2.0 in the Project folder and select Talents.
    rpg-2.0.jpg

Then in the Talent unselected UIBotton (script) tha will fix your problem for now i dont now if this is how you fix this bot all is good in my Talents now.

Inspector.jpg

12. HELDWIND

HELDWIND

let me show you what I mean :

I can not find the scripts that are in the location.
    otherwise my interface talent does not work. I think its just that.
    Also this one:

I create model in 3d, I do not understand much in script, this asset is an oportunity for me to move my céation way I want ...
    I would like to work well and I know it's a raport with the latest version of rpgkit and Ngui, Just tell me what I should add, buy, create ... to no longer have to worry.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  13. spritangel

spritangel

press in the Thumbnail
    0.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    add (NGU sprite) thas the mame for the script (not UISprite)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    HELDWIND likes this.
  14. HELDWIND

HELDWIND

Ok thank for reply, now i see what i have to do :)

15. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ItemDatabase.OnGUI () (at Assets/RPG 2.0/Scripts/GameManager/ItemDatabase.cs:74)
    ProjectEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/RPG 2.0/Scripts/Editor/Window/ProjectEditorWindow.cs:91)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

does anybody else get this when they setup new items i get this every time and it wont let me open the item editer anymore?

16. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

and another thing my new loot tables i make keep get erased when i add my new items to it.

17. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

the problem im having seem to be the editer if i edit items thro it the items wont actual be setup so it causes crashes but if i edit the items thro the inspector i dont get anymore errors with the items and the items stay in the loot table and dont get erased from it on play mode start up and if i use the editer for item edits and hit play the items are removed from the loot table. dont know it might be a bug or im just seting up the items wrong with the editer cuz the inspector edits seem to work fine.

18. Tethys

Tethys

I have this bug as well - I just stick to editing things in the unity inspector rather than the project editor unless I absolutely have to.

19. charles_hitler_manson_bin laden

charles_hitler_manson_bin laden

Saw this and tried the demo on the website
    http://zerano-unity3d.com/RPG 2.0/RPG 2.html

Its really awesome and I'd like to buy, but the controls are not my idea of RPG controls.

When I think RPG I think of Diablo, Path of Exile, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Torchlight.

With those games you used the left mouse button to move by clicking on the ground.
    You could also assign a default skill to the LMB and attack an enemy with that skill by left clicking on them.

But your main attacks were the Right Mouse Button and the number keys.

Right click on an enemy and fire rains down on them. Then rush in, left click on them and melee them.

Left click / right click mouse control games are what I'd like to build.

So if I buy the game is it possible for me to modify the control scheme ?

20. Tethys

Tethys

On a game design note, action RPG's used to not control like that. For many years before this new crop of click to move we had direct control of our characters (every Gauntlet, Baldurs Gate, Champions of Norrath and other dungeon crawlers). In fact, my wife and I own both the console version and PC version of Diablo 3, the console is SO much better because you have direct control of your character with the stick on the controller. It's also my main gripe with League of Legends and Dota 2, after playing Smite and seeing how much more reliable direct control is over click to move and pathfinding.

With that being said, there is a click to move controller in the RPG kit. I can't say how well it works because I don't use it and it also hasn't been commented on much. Since I never had any intention of using it, I cant say how well it works since it isn't set up in my project.

Good luck on your project! I know Zerano is working on an update that will make the kit modular so that you could potentially use a different control scheme than what comes with the kit.

21. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

I'm having a problem getting the enemy AI behaving correctly. For some reason they walk in place rather than wander until the player is detected then they are able to move. Once the player is killed they go back to walking in place. If I drag them somewhere else, they walk back to a specific spot and continue to walk in place. It must be something I have done wrong while setting up the scene because the AI still works correctly in the included level1 scene. I've created a video showing the problem. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  22. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

You setup the navi mesh ?

23. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

I did. Just the floor with the enemy AI in it. I haven't figured out what the ray casts are doing. It looks like they are hitting the roof for some reason. The floor is the only Navigation Static mesh in the the scene. Here is a screen shot of the Bake settings I used.

Screenshot 2014-07-03 22.33.57.png

24. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

yeah i have that same problem with my npc that wonder around town they get stuck walking in place trying to get to the roof of the house

25. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

i upgraded my NGUI from the free one to the paid one from the asset store how can i set the attributes back in to the Player Attributes its way off if i go in to player mode and check on attributes all 5 are 10600x away from where they are suppose to be at. and same goes for the character selecting after you created one. how can i edit the position of character selection and attributes with out being in playmode

26. HELDWIND

HELDWIND

hello, it's now one week and a half I tried to fix this problem with GUI, but I still canot drag talent in mi Action bar; did i really throw 200 euro in the trash?
    any TRUE solution?

Thank for help ?

27. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

All of my NGUI upgrade problems were resolved when Zerano provided me a version that he had already upgraded. I would recommend PMing and/or emailing him directly.

28. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

I believe I have tracked down the original problem that inevitably leads to this problem. My problem was I had neglected to set the floor to the Walkable layer. Fixing this caused the AI to at least start wandering but then they would get stuck trying to reach an unreachable destination.

Looking at the WalkingState code, I noticed there didn't appear to be a check to see if the destination point was reachable. I added that logic and some logic to determine if the AI is stuck in the same position for more than half a second. I think I'm all set.

Since my AI can end up in relatively small enclosed spaces, I need to figure out a way to:
    • limit the distance they want to wander dynamically; maybe ray cast to the walls and somehow set the range that way?
    • Increase loiter time so they don't bounce around the room like a ping pong ball. I think that is handled in the AI state machine but I haven't quite figured out how that works yet.
    • I think it would be nice if the speed they walk/animation speed were a little random.

29. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

i keep geting this with webplayer for some reason i never got this before when i used web player now i am geting this all the time only on webplayer the other builds work fine.

SecurityException: No valid crossdomain policy available to allow access
    UnityEngine.WWW.get_text () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/Utils.cs:172)
    GameDatabase+<Login>c__Iterator17.MoveNext () (at Assets/RPG 2.0/Scripts/GameManager/GameDatabase.cs:315)

30. DevionGames

DevionGames

If you uploaded the php scripts to your own host, please add a crossdomain.xml file to the root folder. You can get more information about this here: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SecuritySandbox.html

31. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

i have the crossdomain.xml file in the correct folder

32. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

ok its working now :) Thank YOU

33. Archania

Archania

Zerano.. I know you must be busy. Any time frame for a update and what features/corrections you'll have?

34. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, i have almost finished the conversation to mecanim and to a better control for the systems. I can say that there will be less features for the first update, but you will have a much better controll over the systems. You will be able to realise a lot of things without touching the code or waiting for me implementing the features. However you will need to learn what the commands are( like Instantiate, Destroy, GetProperty and also animator methods like CrossFade...)
    I think the update will be ready in 1 week, but i still need to make some tutorials for the new systems.

Deleted User and Tethys like this.
  35. Archania

Archania

Sounds great! Looking forward to the changes.

36. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

Just wondering will you be adding a healing talent?

37. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

bug you can use the same account on multiple computers with the same character at the same time. do you plan on fixing that.

38. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

and the summoning talents like the premade Guard Talent laggs the player that summons

39. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, there is a huge update on the system. I tried to make it more flexible. There is an example for a healing spell now, but a few features and examples are not completed yet. So you can wait before updating or just start to work with the new update now. The rest of the features will come over time.

The documentation is also not completed, but you can get some information here: http://zerano-unity3d.com/RPGDocumentation/

The RPG Kit is not easy to use, but very flexible.

(The update for the lite version still needs a few days to be availible for download)

treshold and Tethys like this.
  40. Archania

Archania

Awesome. Thank you very much. Now for work to end so I can go play!

41. Venged

Venged

I have been away for a while. What version is the kit at now?

42. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

its at 2.1 now

43. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

how many players can be in one room? nevermind i found the answer to this

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  44. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

Assets/RPG/Modules/State Machine/Supported/Photon Cloud Support/Scripts/Actions/PhotonNetwork/ConnectToMaster.cs(22,47): error CS0117: `PhotonNetwork' does not contain a definition for `ConnectToMaster' I get this when i import the new rpgkit2.1

45. DevionGames

DevionGames

Do you imported Photon Unity Networking package from the asset store? It is free and required.

Could you please follow this video:

46. Archania

Archania

That goes away when you install photon. Just follow zerano's video. And if you don't have a photon account, very simple to make and you'll get the required id you'll need.
    Once to do that the errors go away.

47. HELDWIND

HELDWIND

hi , i try to make good ai for my ennemi with buff, spell , default attack.
    Shot looking somthing like that :
    Ennemi /check if buff are activated on self / if not cast a buff spell/ if yes have % of chance to use default attack or % to cast a random spell, and , if HP is under % use a heal spell...
    Is that possible to do with stat machin?

48. thedreamer

thedreamer

I bought RPG KIT 2.0 last winter but i don't use this kit.. I just waiting for upgrade

RPG KIT 2.1 has finally appeared

I know you have plan for mobile ... Is this right? I want to see mobile demo.. Because we want to check the performance
    Is this possible?

One question more

Do you have plant to support the mobile controls ?

I can wait until if you do so .. No pressure

I would like to know your plans and schedule

49. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes it is possible checkout the included spells you can use similar states on your enemy.

The character controller i am currently using is the default one from the sample assets and it should be mobile ready. GUI is also mobile ready using NGUI.However some state machines may need some modification, i have currently one in my mind(Mouse Click that sets the target for the npc attribute bar), but there may be more.

50. canibecooltoo

canibecooltoo

where exactly do i put my server adress? i cant find where to put it in the state machine self host with mysqli nvm i found it. the only problem i got now is setup up a email server blargh time to figure that out now.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014