Search Unity

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes, however this can take some time, the whole system is based on the legacy animation system.

2. TunisianGameDev

TunisianGameDev

Hello,
    Could you please confirm if you updated the project to be compatible with ngui 3.x ? i can see in your video that you use 2.x please confirm :)
    Also do you offer support ? if yes here or somewhere else ?

3. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well it supports NGUI 3.x, however he changed some names like UICheckbox and so you would need to rename it in some scripts. If you have problems to rename them you can always contact me here, via pm, email or skype.

4. TunisianGameDev

TunisianGameDev

Whats your skype id please ?

5. DevionGames

DevionGames

tharon211

6. TunisianGameDev

TunisianGameDev

Thanks, added you :)
    art4the_web

7. thedreamer

thedreamer

your kit don't feel a sense of strike when i attack enemy or enemy attack me.. when i was struck Character of the reaction is not very realistic Damage effects are not showy Did you intend?

8. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am working to improve the combat, thank you.

9. treshold

treshold

Okay there was sick NGUI sale earlier so I couldnt resist to buy this too with 50% discount hehe.
    So I browsed whole 41page thread and see that one question is still unanswered:

Can this kit be used for MMO? - :D lol just joking
    Here is two serious ones:
    1. Has anybody integrated weather/ daynight system to kit? I was thinking of buying
    Unistorm for example

2. Dreamlarp mentioned earlier using rts-script from zerano website to implement placeable objects.
    So is the script that free grid placement script? Gonna go test it heh.

Great work so far!

10. Jum

Jum

i integrated this it works well. Probably unistorm also can be integrated.

11. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Yes you can use that script to make your own housing system. But he has stated that with is up to us to work on. Housing is not planned for the kit. Our game will not have house placement. We are going with a system much like the new swtor online. Our players will have their own ships as housing. Since our game will stay max 20 players per game we may offer some houses but not custom ones. We have some interesting areas that we might let the players take over..

However if you play with his script you will see it is not hard to add it to this kit.

12. treshold

treshold

Thanks Jum and dreamlarp for input.

Time of the day looks cool too and it's on sale now. I wait for moment if 1.7 Unistorm is being released soon.

I'm more into placing "crafting stations" (campfire, crafting table) with the placeable objects -script than going for housing system. So basically player can craft stuff that can be placed in ground to craft different items lol let's see how it gonna work :D
    so much to study now on RPG Kit :)

13. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Hmm good thinking. We may revisit that script for placing containers ect.. around the ship.

14. Nethan

Nethan

Hello,

only a short question (maybe allready answered - but didnt find it in the long thread)

Whats the best way to update the Kit in the project (install a new version of the kit in the own project) ?

simple copy the rpg 2.0 folder over the one in the project assets and overwrite the files there ?

thx

15. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Do you have the full or light version?
    The full you use SVN. The light I would merge folders.

16. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hey guys i wanted to let you know whats the future of the rpg kit.

- Currently i am seperating each system into its own folder.
    - Better understandble folder structure.
    - You will be able to use most systems/features also outside of the rpg kit or disable them if you do not need them.
    - Integrating the new mecanim ai system.
    - New mecanim character controller, you can use not mecanim ready characters with the generic rig type.
    - I am going to upgrade NGUI from 2.7 to 3.x and not include it in the rpg kit.
    - It will get some new UI interface.

17. thedreamer

thedreamer

I bought this product on special Offer I am very satisfied with this product
    Unfortunately, this is the lack of interactive animation... For example hit animation

I'll have to study more .... However I think you are doing a great job..

I love all of UniRPG and RPG KIT 2.0

I look forward to a great race between UniRPG and RPG KIT 2. 0

And the last thing I need to talk to you. Please care about beginners~~ Happy new year...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  18. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes when each system is seperated it will get its own pdf documentation + website documentation.

19. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Nice huge changes. Will we be able to still use models like artiria or the new UMA?

20. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes, it will be possible to use non mecanim ready characters, however you will not be able to share the animations between the animator controllers(You will need to use overridable animator controller). Yes UMA will be supported soon.

21. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Great news.
    With the UMA support will you be adding a character custom scene to the project then?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  22. thedreamer

thedreamer

When are you going to update?

23. Tethys

Tethys

FYI, for those who might be interested, Astral Terra was Greenlit on Steam yesterday, Jan 06 2014. We are shooting for Early Access sale on March 4, 2014. Have a great day and thanks Zerano for the great kit and your help so far!

24. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well when it is done. I can not give any time frames, since this is still my hobby.

This is great!

25. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Gratz.

26. nixter

nixter

That is great news, Tethys! Congratulations on being Greenlit.

Zerano, you should also feel some pride. This announcement is a testament to your persistence as a kit developer.

27. Uyla T

Uyla T

Hi,

How many queries per second, RPG 2.0 transmits to Photon?

+++

28. DevionGames

DevionGames

Msg/s per Room avg. last seven days
    (Taken from the Photon Cloud Dashboard)

29. Tethys

Tethys

Greetings Fellows,

I had an issue with the kit and my Unity freezing for a couple minutes on Play. I discovered today that it was actually on my end, a few of the files from the kit did not update (from the repository) and were causing conflicts. Overwrote everything with a fresh version from SubVersion and it fixed it. When it doubt get fresh files. :)

Zerano helped me with figuring out the issue this morning - as usual top notch timely support. Thanks again!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  30. Stephenarva

Stephenarva

a pet/minion system could be really awesome. you could buy a minion, and he helps fight with you, and he can level up and gain experience too. do you tihnk this is possible?

ALSO

i want to make my own types of talents, is this possible? for instance, i want to make an attack that hits reflects off the target onto the rest of the mob, can i script this into the pack by myself?

31. DevionGames

DevionGames

You get the source code so it is possible.
    To get started you can use the script HelperAi.cs.

32. eCarrera

eCarrera

This file have much bug. Character Dissapear on game and Cant move( Need restart game), Create character Archer bug. Movement is so very bad. and Attack mode terribles.. All people can make one server ( bad idea ) best only admin make server.

33. uni7y

uni7y

Has anyone tested RPG Kit with the Oculus Rift already?

I bought one so I will play with it soon!

34. Mihai93

Mihai93

Why you dont add this fatures

* Pressing "ESC" for Have Logout and Exit Game
    * When i select Character to log into game have the 3d view of Character
    * When Login do not create lobby but login automatic into game
    * and make a tutorial into how to change GUI

35. Tethys

Tethys

Zerano,

Will the new AI system you released on the Asset Store be built into RPG Kit 2.0 as an update - or will you offer an upgrade option to get this added to the framework? Thanks!

36. DevionGames

DevionGames

It will be added as an update like many other things for more customization support for non coders, like a new spell system:
    $Spell System.png

$Spell Tree.png

Same for many other systems. They were updated and more completed, like "Rember Me", Email verification, Password Recovering in the login system. I am also trying to create those system to work unindependent and not related on other systems as much as possible, how ever you will need for example the Item System for the Inventory. You will need the inventory for the Equipment. You will also need the item system for spells, because those actions are the same.

using an item you can instantiate a prefab same as using a spell...and of course other actions similiar to the ai system.

It is also possible to create custom actions without touching the scripts so future updates should go smooth.

37. thedreamer

thedreamer

New RPG KIT 2.0 info looks great.. I'm watching the RPG KIT 2.0 and UniRPG(plybox) Interestingly
    Both products are both excellent products. They have developed into a better direction So it is interesting to watch them

I look forward to Unity's New GUI

I think it is a great opportunity for RPG KIT 2.0 .. I look forward to the day

38. Tethys

Tethys

Zerano,

Hey man, thanks for the update, this stuff looks and sounds really great. Should we update our SVN's or wait? Thanks!

39. DevionGames

DevionGames

It is not finished yet and so not in the svn.

40. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

It is looking like a mega update. I think we all are waiting to see this one.

41. jaxtag

jaxtag

Hi Zerano,
    I've been trying to find the answer to this but I got lost. I'm very interested in buying your kit but, I don't have UnityPRO. What worries me is the Pathfinding system you mention only available in Unity PRO and that you offer your own solution.
    Comparing both pathfinding solutions, what I 'll be missing if I use your pathfinding solution? Is it less accurate? Harder to implement?

Thanks

42. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi i wrote you already an email, since i think it was unity 4.2 the built in pathfinding is also availible in unity free.

43. uni7y

uni7y

Hey Zerano,

can you please PM me my SVN login details? you forgot that :)

Thanks!

44. DevionGames

DevionGames

Can you please pm me what username/ password you want to use + paypal transaction code to verify your purchase.

45. uni7y

uni7y

Done :)

46. Tethys

Tethys

Greetings Djents.

While building new companions for the player to summon we ran into an interesting issue. Whenever we summon a Guard we lose 10 fps, per instance, consistently. If I just drop the model into the environment while playing no FPS loss - if I summon the prefab with the Guard HelperAI on it, however, boom 10fps loss. I can start at a solid 60 and watch this go down to 20 is if I summon 4 of them, FPS dropping 10 per summon. I was looking at the HelperAI script and it seemed there was a lot in the update. Anyone modified this or come up with a solution that has less impact? Might have to just make some AI for the companion but wanted to start here. Thanks.

47. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes, it is not optimized, the guard ai was just a test. I am not going to update the guard ai, because the mecanim ai system will replace it anyway.

48. Tethys

Tethys

Awesome. I saw your AI package on sale on the store, gratz! I wanted to buy it but figured it would be coming along in the RPG kit any day now.

49. iKronos

iKronos

Hi Zerano,
    You mentioned NGUI 3.x updated will be followed, right?
    May I ask, when?
    Grüsse

50. Tethys

Tethys

Greetings fellow developers,

We have been considering going with a different character control system other than the one that comes with RPG kit. Has anyone tried implementing the awesome Character System found on the Unity Asset store here:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/3853

My voxel terrain engine works well with it so it would be pretty cool if we could get it working. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014