Search Unity

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DevionGames

DevionGames

No if you buy the full version you can get updates via svn or inside your account on my website.

2. Simlucrato

Simlucrato

And all updates are free ?

3. DevionGames

DevionGames

Currently yes, all normal updates are free, howerver i plan some special addons, which not everybody requires and they will cost a small fee.

4. Simlucrato

Simlucrato

Ok i will create an account on your site , thanks for quick answer and keep up the good work :)

5. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Very nice let us know whats cumming. I hope one of them is a more scifi shooting type pack.

6. DevionGames

DevionGames

I have just added a new feature. You can have multiple characters per "account" with the local and mysql database. There is now a new scene "Select". Please note that you need to update your php files and mysql database if you are using mysql.

New Demo is also uploaded.

7. Simlucrato

Simlucrato

Hi , i just bought the RPGKIT via PayPal and i want to know how much time we have to wait before getting this kit , will it be downloadable via your site ?

8. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Did you log in and look at your downloads?

9. Simlucrato

Simlucrato

Oh yes i received it thanks :)

10. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

If its the full kit not the light then pm zerano and you can set up the svn.

11. Simlucrato

Simlucrato

I have updated via svn and i have an error.. ("The type or namespace SelectionData could not be found")..

12. DevionGames

DevionGames

Do you checked out the project with svn? Normaly you do not need to update if you checkout the current files.

13. Simlucrato

Simlucrato

I right clicked on "trunk", i clicked SVN Checkout.., headed to revision 103, and ok , i wait now and i will se if the project updates..

14. Simlucrato

Simlucrato

It's always causes me the same error..("The type or namespace SelectionData could not be found")

15. DevionGames

DevionGames

Please try to create an empty folder and then checkout with the url i gave to you into it.

16. Simlucrato

Simlucrato

It works fine ! But for next updates will i have to check the same folder ? Or will i have to download the whole project again ?

17. DevionGames

DevionGames

Same folder.

18. Simlucrato

Simlucrato

Ok thanks a lot !

19. DevionGames

DevionGames

Version 2.0.8 is up in the store.

• Changed: Moved default mouse attack to the character asset, so every character can have its own mouse talent.
    • Fixed: Crafting bench was not working with multiple benches in one scene.
    • Changed: Centralized most of the editors, use Project Editor to create custom assets.
    • Fixed: ChangeLevelTrigger was buggy in the multiplayer mode. Player position was not set correctly.
    • Fixed: Npc was walking in place, when ai touched a spot navmesh did not cover.
    • Added: You can now setup the needed amount for a resource for a crafting item.
    • Added: First scene can be setuped in the global settings in the project editor.
    • Changed: AnimationPopUp for the character animations in the project editor.
    • Added: Consumption items for the UsableItem class.
    • Added: Consumption items for Talents. You can have talents that need a item to be used. Good for bow talent (Arrow) or reagets for mages.
    • Added: Additional walking left and right in the default character controller.
    • Changed: Seperated male and female characters in creation scene.
    • Added: Players can have multiple characters per “account” in local and mysql database.

20. Mihai93

Mihai93

i dont understand if i can use it like a a mmo or a normaly rpg and if all fatures work into mmo

21. DevionGames

DevionGames

This kit has Multiplayer functionality, but with photon cloud. The first player who creates the room is master client and handles most stuff, like ai...
    If the master client logs out, a new player becomes master client. However player stats, talents and other things are handled by the client, so the server is not authoritive. I do not want to call it MMO because it can not handle thousands of players, but multiplayer with 15-20 players/ room.

All features work in multiplayer mode.

22. DMaas4

DMaas4

is it possible to just make the server authoritative and have one server not having a player be the master client

23. DevionGames

DevionGames

It is not possible without coding work. You would need to port most code to the server and let the client only display the art, update with data values...This kit uses the photon cloud and there is no way to add custom code to the server at the moment, so you would need to use photon standalone and host the server by yourself.

24. goldencruz

goldencruz

does anyone now how to add more levels into the editor my last level is 3 but I have a lot more to add please help

25. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am going to make some tutorials in the next days, and will explain how to make this.

26. goldencruz

goldencruz

thanks zerano

27. DMaas4

DMaas4

maybe some tutorials how to change UI graphics ?

28. DevionGames

DevionGames

There are a lot of tutorials for this. Just try to search NGUI in youtube. But if you have a special request let me know.

29. aspire9

aspire9

do you still plan to add another combat system to the kit?

30. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes with the time.

31. cmrcmr

cmrcmr

Hello Zerano, I will report some bugs:

1 When using the talent Bird, nick shows no overhead.
    2 When using the Morph talent, nick shows no overhead.

Note added to outstanding product enhancements:

1 Add a key+button that when pressed, display the game in full screen
    2 We should add a chat window to the side (left or right), which also displays the connected users in the game.
    3 Allow private chat between users
    4 Encripty password with SHA and Email verification.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  32. Mihai93

Mihai93

can i know how i can use the camera and the third person moviment script only? without using the other scripts????

sameone reply

33. DevionGames

DevionGames

Please provide your paypal transaction code to verify your purchase and i will be happy to help you.

34. DevionGames

DevionGames

I started updating the documentation:

Getting Started

Video tutorials for the project editor will come soon.

@goldencruz: I have made a small video on how you can add more levels. However this video will be replaced, because i seperated the Toolbar to another video. But you can take a look at it:

35. goldencruz

goldencruz

real nice but I notice as soon as I change to mouse it does not swim or climb but under default everything work just giving you heads up

36. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes i know, i have not implemented that into the other contoller yet.

Well you can already forget about the video above. Making the documentation i noticed some not realy userfriendly things so i changed the workflow a little bit to make it easier.

37. goldencruz

goldencruz

sweet I love the videos make it easy to understand thanks zerano keep it up bro

38. aspire9

aspire9

The new toolbar and general workflow look like a big improvement!

One question Zerano: is PvP possible with this kit right now?

39. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thank you, yes pvp is possible if you enable it in the project editor and create pvp areas.

40. DevionGames

DevionGames

There is a 50% halloween discount. Have fun and do not forget to pm me for svn access.

41. ParappaDaRapper

ParappaDaRapper

yay, now I can make an RPG of some sorts!

42. nathanqueija

nathanqueija

Any prevision for the next release? =)

43. DevionGames

DevionGames

Secure passwords in mysql database, general improvements, controller improvements and maybe a more action based controller.
    And well some sort of Helper:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  44. Lition

Lition

Is it possible to change the camera so it has more of a diablo view and lock the position there?

45. HarveyPA

HarveyPA

Looks really good, if I make a RPG I might use this.

46. DevionGames

DevionGames

There is no such a built in camera, but you can change the PlayerCamera.cs

47. Assassinbeast

Assassinbeast

Just bought the kit, and Im afraid Ive already encountered my first major problem and dont know how to continue, All my characters are Humanoid so everytime I get to the animation slot it gives me error, I could change it to legacy but then I wont have any animations to use since I use the mechanim system, I reuse all my animations in another folder, plz can this be fixed.

48. DevionGames

DevionGames

The mecanim animation system is currently not supported, so you would have to use legacy animation at this stage.

49. Assassinbeast

Assassinbeast

That comes down to my next problem.. I have a 3D Model that I really wanna use and dont know how to make an animation to him, and I have some legacy animations but is there a way to copy my legacy animations to my other empty model, I tried in unity but he just stands there and doing nothing???

50. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am not an artist and can not realy help. I think your model need a rig and you need to apply your animations in a modeling tool like maya, blender, 3ds max. But you would get a better answer in the unity support section.