Search Unity

RPG Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Tethys

Tethys

I am still having to major game breaking issues right now preventing me from showing this off.

1 is the character controller bug in regards to jumping. Someone mentioned I might have the jump name wrong but that is impossible, it is drag and drop and both the asset and the resource uses the same animation and the character jumps, but they also bug out 50% of the time and just start gliding in the direction they were moving without any animation, and it can't be stopped unless a jump and move in the direction I was when the bug fired. Very frustrating and pretty much un-usable right now. :(

2 no billboarding of nameplates on characters. NPC's billboard just fine, but Player characters use a different script, Runtime Player (at least that is how I have it right now directly from SubVersion). The name plate has the lookatmaincamera script attached as well but they wont billboard.

Anyone have any suggestions on either one of these major presentation breaking issues I am having with these two things? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. hcwork

hcwork

Tethys, can you post a vid so we can see? And check the error console to see if anything is popping up when it happens. I use these characters controllers, and I dont see to have an issue, but I have static terrain, and you have voxel.

3. Tethys

Tethys

I checked my error console, no errors when this happens. Also, something very weird, I no longer have a functional UI. When looking in the editor, the interface is carrying over from the preload scene, I can see it in the scene. It does not show up for the player via a HUD though, and none of the short cut keys will bring it back up. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

4. hcwork

hcwork

I used to have this happen and had to restart. But once he moved to using the pre load scene, I no longer had the issue. Ill see if I can recreate though and let you know. Do you have your characters jump animation clamped? I clamp mine, so it never repeats or anything. Just some thoughts

5. Tethys

Tethys

Ok hcwork, thanks for that information about the UI. Also, I'll make sure it is set to clamp right now and see if it fixes the jumping issue. Thanks for your tip!

Edit:

**Fix to the disappearing HUD Problem**
    I started using a new camera that was set to depth 0. Set the camera to depth -1 and it brought the HUD back. :)

Regarding the jump and slide bug, I tried all of the settings for the animation, none fixed it, set it back to play once.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  6. DevionGames

DevionGames

Looks great!

I see that there are some settings missing, that would make it look much better.
    - Add the script LookAtMainCamera.cs to the first root gameobject of the name label of the player(maybe it is just me, who prefer that the name labels look at main camera)
    - Change the chest layer to something diffrent then the player so it does not show in the paperdoll.
    - Set the "Back" label's z position to at least -1, so it will show up in the crafting menu.
    - Play arround with the z position value of the description label, so it is in front of the icons.
    - The loading state is also shown if it is at 100%, maybe add an if clause to check it and hide it if it is loaded.
    - Kill player input if you are in build/voxel mode

I can not realy reproduce the jump bug, it does not happen on my characters, so realy hard to tell, how to fix it. Do you have the newest controller scripts, because i change some things?

Something like a housing system will come later, but no turrent/ towers that behave with the npcs, because i did this as a contract work and can not include it.

7. DevionGames

DevionGames

I just fixed it and it is up in svn.

8. DevionGames

DevionGames

Version 2.0.7 is now also in the store.

• Added: Sound effects
    • Improved: Ai flee state.
    • Changed: Damage handling from npcs, player talents…it was based on the player, now any game object can have its own damage handling.
    • Added: Documentation to the player controller script.
    • Changed: Replaced PhotonNetworkPlayer.cs with RuntimePlayer.cs
    • Added: ChangeLevelTrigger can have new positions in the new scene, so it is not addicted to the PlayerSpawnpoint position. But it is important to have a PlayerSpawnpoint in each scene.
    • Added: You can now setup teleporters in another scene and travel from one scene to another.
    • Added: New loot state in the ai editor, so you can now setup item drop chances.
    • Added: On same priority transition in the ai editor a random transition will be picked up.
    • Added: ToState node in the transition states can have multiple states now. A random one will be picked up.
    • Added: Cool down on all talents until the animation has finished to play.
    • Fixed: You can not collect resources while on mount.
    • Added: Global controller settings.
    • Added: Close button in the settings is also used to untarget an npc.
    • Added: Joysticks for prepararation on mobile support.
    • Added: New morph talent example.

9. Archania

Archania

Holy crap this just keeps getting better and better! Fantastic work Zerano!

10. aspire9

aspire9

good work zerano!

any news on the action based combat system you probably want to implement?

Anyway, did somebody here already try to integrate the "Character System" from the asset store into the rpg kit?

11. Tethys

Tethys

Welcome back Zerano - I am sending you an email momentarily about some contract work (hey just sent you an email and got an auto respond that you are on vacation). Thanks for the feedback - I prefer labels look at the camera as well - this is a problem I have been having and have not been able to fix it yet. I did double check a few weeks ago if the root object of the label had the lookatmaincamera.cs and it does. My nameplates on NPC's and monsters work fine, not on players (but I notice the script is different as well for the label and name).

Thanks for the new changes, will update now!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  12. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hey i got your email and added you on skype.

13. Archania

Archania

Was just wondering when the next build will be coming our way. Hope everything is going good Zerano!

14. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hey, i am currently very busy with some contract work, i hope to finish it in the next 1-2 weeks.

15. pvargas

pvargas

There are some kind of Item Level?

16. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, no there are no item level. Checkout the Item Editor (Some things are changed from the documentation. There are some more values for randomization.)

17. Goofy420

Goofy420

I'm back to needing to use The RPG kit again.
    Question on licensing.
    Do I need to buy another license for another project? Also, what about a kit that has no models since I didn't use them, just the scripts.
    I bet if you released a kit that's just the framework for $60, you could triple your sales.

18. nixter

nixter

You are in luck. That's what RPG Kit 2.0 Lite is and right now it's on sale for $50.

19. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, no you can create as many games with the kit as you want. Checkout the license.

Thanks nixter, yes all my products are 50% off until the 01. Oct.

20. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Did you get my pm or email from many days ago?
    Still can not download and no reaction from your side after you are back from your vacation but writing on some places in the forum here.

Still no info how far you are come with the mobile Solution for this besides that your are buisy for weeks after weeks of vacation after weeks of unclearnes what will happen to the whole project because of the objects from someone else.

Some times i have not only good feeling about some assets.

21. Goofy420

Goofy420

+1 SVN works, but the Lite version downloads to 388MB then says it's finished with a broken file. Tried three times. The web store needs a download manager.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  22. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hey, i just checked my pms and realy found one not answered. I am very sorry, i wrote you a pm back.

I am currently downloading the Lite version to check if it completes. If there is nothing wrong and only you have some problems to download , i can give you an external link for the download. I am going to write you a pm in arround 20 minutes(download should finish at that time).

Edit:I have just tested the download of the lite version and it works. I have sended you a pm.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  23. Goofy420

Goofy420

The problem must have been my Wifi, because it downloaded fine on my cell phone.
    Thanks for the help and concern. and yes, the Lite version does receive updates, it's version 2.07. I need a third copy for a new project assistant before the sales over, lol thanks.

24. goldencruz

goldencruz

I am new from udk and I want to get this kit but are there any tutorials on how to get startered or do I need to learn unity a little better. I just want to be able to export my model to here and have the interface rdy for me might be asking a lot.

25. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well, i think you should look some tutorials before starting. There are so many tutorials on youtube, i would say pick some of them and try it out. If you can import your models into unity, attach components, scripts on gameobjects and have a better overview, come back and see if this kit is usefull for you.

26. DevionGames

DevionGames

With the next update, you will have a much better overview about your assets( Items, Talents, Attributes, Settings...). A few things will still change in the editor, so i am going to make the tutorials and documentation a little bit later. At the moment it is still possible to use the old editors, but with the time i am going to remove them, so there are no misunderstandings in the future.

27. cmrcmr

cmrcmr

It is very well, I just saw the results.
    I hope you can add suggestions I asked you to do, they are one of the bases that are needed first.

28. Hans

Hans

looking forward to the new changes nice work Zerano

29. Goofy420

Goofy420

When will 2.08 be available to download?

30. DevionGames

DevionGames

Those changes are already in svn. The update on my site will come, when i have some more stuff added.

31. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Just played with the new editor. Its much better have the project editor. This speeds this up quite a bit. Great work.

32. DMaas4

DMaas4

Speaking of character creation scene, I was looking at your interface section on the rpg kits website, these two screens that are shown under the resource section.

http://zerano-unity3d.com/RPGKit/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/creation.png

http://zerano-unity3d.com/RPGKit/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/choose.png

I have ran the demo and I noticed they are not the same? This is one of the things that did attract me to buy this lovely kit, do you have plans to add this in or is it simply a picture? I would definitely pay extra for a proper login/character creation.

Keep up the good work,!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  33. Goofy420

Goofy420

You get updates with the SVN. Not the Lite version, so it's not really the same source.

Are you aware of scenes loading backwards in Unity 4.3? So character creation is bass ackwards

34. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, under the resources tab on my website are the resources that you get with the purchase. So the interface is included as psd source files. Of course i am planning to extend the login and creation with the time.

Well yes, the svn gots more often updates, when somthing is done i am just updating the svn. The full and lite version on my website getting those updates when more stuff is done, so i do not need to upload ~ 1GB x 2. No the NGUI update comes out a few days ago?! I will check it in the next few days.

35. DevionGames

DevionGames

Unity 4.3 is out? I only see Unity 4.2.1 for download.

36. Goofy420

Goofy420

Yes, 4.2
    I've been up all night trying to get the lite version to work as the 208 version does so my eyes are going blind.
    It was creating characters backwards as the Interface is facing rear, but I figured it out.
    Still the AI only moves in place (doesn't move across the scene), do you have an idea?

I don't have these same troubles using the version 2.08 and don't want to try and redownload the 600MB to see if it's a corrupt download until theres an update since I've used my free bandwidth already.

Thanks for the help, but I think I'm done for a while. I go build with UnityFS until theres an update.

37. DevionGames

DevionGames

Do you build the navmesh of your scene? Or do you have any compiler errors?
    Just tested some more things, if you have a pvp area and there are npcs in it, they will walk in place. Fix is going on...

38. Goofy420

Goofy420

I built the Navmesh and rebuilt it again, but it still happens. It looks like it happens when the ai touches a spot navmesh didnt cover

39. DevionGames

DevionGames

Ahh okay, thanks going to fix that.

40. DMaas4

DMaas4

Awesome, my friend owns the lite version and I was watching him use it for hours, I just didn't like the login and creation but if you have plans to update i'll definitely have to go and buy the full version for myself.

41. DevionGames

DevionGames

It is fixed and the svn is updated. Thanks again for reporting.

42. Goofy420

Goofy420

Thanks Zerano, it's much better. I appreciate it. It actually seems to be more responsive as well (before it was choppy when turning in some areas with AI).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  43. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

The new project editor is amazing. I would love some new video tutorials. But this is great having all the game features organized in to one editor UI.

44. DevionGames

DevionGames

You can now setup the needed amount for a resource for a crafting item.

45. cmrcmr

cmrcmr

Zerano thanks, for this new update!!
    good job, you deserve a bonus donation!

All users who have not yet purchased this kit, I encourage them to buy, Zerano is doing a great job and deserves it!

46. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

+1

The character editor is still showing the animations from the whole project. It would be nice to be able to have it show the animations that were made for it and included in the fbx. But otherwise this kit is getting so user friendly that its all easy to implement.

47. DevionGames

DevionGames

Well, i do not know when you made the last update of your svn. But the animations are shown as popup and only those which are on the prefab.
    Same for talents and many other things.

48. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Thank you. Got it. This model just had a huge amount of animations.

49. goldencruz

goldencruz

so you can add more animation skills that was one of my question because I have a couple of model that have parry block and different swings. so how many can you add ? another question I have is how you increase the level cap for some reason when I enter level 4 it does not load up but is I name it level it loads up.
    I also have this problem with a tire on a torch not showing up in game menu in the kit . if I use the map that it came with it work so I am not sure what is going on

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  50. Simlucrato

Simlucrato

Hi Zerano, first , great job , i tried the demo and you made a good work , i want to buy this kit , the full version is 200 USD right ? But for the updates do we receive them by emails ?