Search Unity

RPG Creator Kit Tutorial throws a million errors

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by reallymemorable, Dec 1, 2020.

1. reallymemorable

reallymemorable

Attached Files:

Cub12 likes this.
  2. LeBanc

LeBanc

Hello,

When trying to download the "Creator Kit : RPG", I have this message :
    upload_2020-12-1_14-46-17.png

From your screenshot, I see that you're using Unity 2019.4.15f1 so you should probably install Unity 2020.1 and open your project with it.
    I'm not sure this will resolve your issues but it's worth a try.

Schneider21 likes this.
  3. reallymemorable

reallymemorable

How do I update Unity? When I "checked for updates" it said my copy was up to date?

I downloaded it yesterday from this link: https://store.unity.com/#plans-individual

See the screenshot.

Attached Files:

4. Schneider21

Schneider21

Use Unity Hub. You can manage multiple installs and all your projects from it. Very useful tool.

5. reallymemorable

reallymemorable

I'm so confused. I went into Unity Hub and downloaded the version you specified. But when I try to launch this new version, nothing happens. The initial splash screen shows up for a few seconds, disappears, and nothing happens.

6. reallymemorable

reallymemorable

I did notice when I start 2020, after the splash screen shows, briefly in Unity Hub there is a message that says "Unity is already in list. You cannot locate the same version." That message disappears quickly and Unity fails to load.

7. Schneider21

Schneider21

Sorry, I've only ever used versions of Unity installed from the Hub, not ones located by it that were installed before. If you can download things at a decent speed and you're not concerned about data caps, it might be worth uninstalling any Editor versions that weren't done through the Hub and retrying.

8. LeBanc

LeBanc

I'm not sure of what you're doing so I'll try to be explicit.

You have several tabs in Unity Hub, the "Installs" one is only to manage which versions of Unity you currently have on your computer, when they are installed, there are two ways to use them:

The first is to open them with the Desktop or Start Menu link but as I just did it, I get the same message as you ...

So the second and probably the only good way is to open or create a project from the Unity Hub "Projects" tab.
    - If you already have saved your project, you can change the Unity version to 2020.something and open it.
    - Else you should create a new project (by clicking new and select the right template or maybe in your case (and if you don't find the template you want) directly from the "Learn" tab by clicking on "Creator Kit : RPG).

I hope this will work!