Search Unity

RPG Battle Systems and Party Followers

Discussion in '2D' started by TheTwistedScribbler, Feb 2, 2015.

1. TheTwistedScribbler

TheTwistedScribbler

*EDIT: posted on UA, they told me it was inappropriate to be asking this??? They said they don't write scripts to go......... -_-*

1) I want to know how to have a script where, say, you have party members and they appear behind the player and when the player jumps, it sets a point where he jumped and then the followers jump when they reach this point. And when the player turns, the followers turn when they get to that point.

Probably has something to do with parenting, but it's probably more complex then that.

*BTW this is for a 2D Platformer/RPG. And it'd be kinda like a caterpillar effect.

2) A turn-based battle system, where when the player touches an enemy it directs him to an alternate scene where it's a turn-based battle system similiar to the Mario and Luigi series and the Paper Mario series.

Thanks, guys, any information on anything here would be appreciated. :)

2. Alanisaac

Alanisaac

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. TheTwistedScribbler

TheTwistedScribbler

I guess that works, though I'm kinda lost on where to get started on scripting/coding... And it seems slack when asking for people to write for me.

4. DustyMcp

DustyMcp

Do you know how to script simple things in unity?if not i think starting with vector.moveTowards would be natural here.

After that look into Linq and figure out how to make a list to add waypoints too.

Basically scripting is all about putting things into perspective.

You want a follower system, put it into a bulletin so you can easyli read next step.
    • List of waypoints created by the players movement.
    • make npc follow waypoints with moveTowards(for example can do other ways)
    • When npc hits last target set idle
    This would be a very simplified version of what you need to do, first figure out excactly what you want to do and its alot easier to do :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.