Search Unity

RPC/Network Tutorials in exchange for PHP/Mysql Tutorials

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Tempest, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Tempest

Tempest

My situation:
    I'm piecing together the networking code, but now I'm at a point of exhaustion and I would like to humbly ask for a little direction.

I've torn the networking out of the Networking Examples and put it in my own game. Namely, the ConnectGuiMasterServer, ConnectGui, CarSpawnPrefab and the CarNetworkInit. I've been looking through this stuff for a while, toyed with some of it, and it seems to be operating okay.

I'm certain there is plenty of good information on this forum, but I'm tired of searching, and would like to ask for help before resuming the searching. It's already frustrating that the documentation is all in JavaScript.

My offer:
    I've noticed there are not too many tutorials for the WWW, MySql, etc features with unity. I am a PHP/MySql developer and would be more than happy to create a tutorial (such as user registration, login, etc) for the community.

I am currently developing in C#, but am fluent in JavaScript in case I can provide further assistance in that arena.

What I'm asking for specifically:
    << I'll fill this in later. Basically just some networking help when it comes to NetworkPlayer in C# and explanation of RPCs. At the moment I'm too fogged up to be able to explain clearly where I am stuck. Even someone just showing me where good threads are would be helpful. >>