Search Unity

[RP][Adventure] Mineral Space

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by aixaix, May 4, 2012.

1. aixaix

aixaix

-*-

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  2. Aeschylus

Aeschylus

Here's some feedback:

More context would be useful. Maybe your Kickstarter page explains what I'm supposed to do, but you did not actually link to Kickstarter - you just wrote the word Kickstarter.

When I started the first time, when I worked out the basic movement controls, I drove off the edge and fell infinitely. Then I did that again on the other side, because without context, the game looks like a platformer where I'm supposed to jump down. There was no way to restart or kill myself, that I could see, so I had to reload the page every time I needed to restart. I would recommend making the ground extend much further to the right and left, or putting some walls up or some indication that I'm not suppose to go off to the right and left.

Your control explanation text is blue, and the background is also blue, so it's not readable.

Other than that, your mining mechanic seems to work the way you want it to. But as I'm sure you know, it is very far from being a working game. Other people will probably comment on whether it makes any sense to put up a Kickstarter for a game that is at this stage of development. Here is a good article with a lot of discussion on this topic:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/169357/Ask_Gamasutra_Should_I_do_a_Kickstarter_campaign.php

3. aixaix

aixaix

NOTE: i started the thread before school and i ran out of time to finish it on time...

You can expand the map before you start the singleplayer...

And yes, you can walk out of the map right now, but i'll fix it when i get home... ( making it work so like if you'll walt too far to the side it will teleport you to the other side, so it seems like you're going around the planet :) )

my further plans are to add enemies and caves, right now theres only treasure chests and ores...

You'll be able to travel in space soon.
    the Kickstarter page isn't published yet, as i would like to add the space and "Round map" feature

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  4. aixaix

aixaix

Finally got the space into the simple stage!

5. aixaix

aixaix

Well, i've not done anything in a awhile... too busy with school stuff...
    But im pretty sure there will be updates pretty soon

6. aixaix

aixaix

Edited the thread...