Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity UI Rounded images are jagged on mobile devices (iOS and Android)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Wolar, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Wolar

Wolar

Hello, we are having issue with images not being sharp in the Unity UI.

This attachement is from my iPad Pro (resolution 2048 x 2732), see for example the orange smailes, they are not sharp at all. Size of the source file (texture) is 212x212 (exactly the same size as the bigger smail on the screenshot), the smaller one is 50% scale of the bigger one.
    IMG_0067.png
    • We have Unity 2018.3.6
    • Sprites are packed into atlas
    • Atlas for this example is set to point filter, no compression (so the atlas is full 16Mb for 2048x2048)
    • Canvas render mode is overlay
    • Canvas scaler is set to scale with screen size and reference resolution was 1536 x 2048 (resolution of regular iPad with portrait orientation)
    • In the quality settings we have texture quality set to full res
    We have tried many other things and settings like turning on AA (which as far as I know does not work on overlay canvas anyway), changing the canvas scaler reference resolution, changing pixels per unit for the sprites etc. but nothing really help.

We are having same problem with other tablets / phones on both iOS and Android (but the problem is most visible on Android devices and iOS tablets, iOS phones seems to be quite ok).

Any ideas to try out or help would be very appreciated.

2. Wolar

Wolar

If I create new empty project and test it there, it seems to be working fine so there is probably something wrong with the project or canvas settings but we cannot figure out what it could be.