Search Unity

Rotating Point Cache within VFX Graph

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by LucasRizzotto, Jan 26, 2021.

1. LucasRizzotto

LucasRizzotto

Hey, all! So my VFX Graph is based on a PointCache and is "attached" to a Transform Property Binder so the graph can be moved by another transform.

MyGraph.png

This works pretty well since Set Position From Map lets me add the binder's scale and position... However, there's no option for rotation, causing it to look like this:

GraphResult.png

So here's my question... how can I rotate my PointCache particles's spawn locations so they match the Transform in the Property Binder?

2. Voronoi

Voronoi

I don't have an example handy, but you have to use GetCurrent to get the current particle, and perform the transform on it. Essentially shifting the particles one by one after they are created.

3. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, for your information, a new SamplePointCache operator is added from 10.3. This allows to perform transformations on the fetched point cache data before setting particle attributes.

4. LucasRizzotto

LucasRizzotto

I have gotten it to work, but only partially. This works with some rotations, but not all. Any tips?

Unfortunately this has to work in 2019.4 so I can't use any 2021 beta features.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  5. LucasRizzotto

LucasRizzotto

Lol the solution is so much more simpler than I could have ever imagined

Just use the Transform (Position) node.

positionyay.png

noobcoodoocoo likes this.
  6. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi @LucasRizzotto ,

This looks a bit overcomplicated :)
    You can just set the pCache position as usual and then just transform the position with the transform of your object in the scene.

And the result:

Attached Files:

florianBrn likes this.