Search Unity

Rotating objects in time.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Juan, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Juan

Juan

So that's the problem now.

I have an object, and i want ot rotate it from 0 degrees to 90 degrees (it's a door) when i click a mouse button.

My problem is that i cannot get the object rotating smoothly within time, i mean, i tried with Time.deltatime, also tried with Quaternion.Slerp, but no solution, i'm on this by 2 hours now.

Help please.

Thanks.

2. Juan

Juan

no one with anything?

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

It's not rotate the object ALL the time, only when i change a variable from 0 to 1 and the angle must be from 0 to 90 degrees.

Thanks.

3. Screenhog

Screenhog

If I understand your problem correctly, there's probably many ways to accomplish this... but here's what I did with a pinball flipper, and it should be the same concept.

First I had this code in GlobalVar.js:

Code (csharp):
    2. static var flipperRot = 90;
    3. static var rotSteps = 10;
    Then, this code was in a different .js file:

Code (csharp):
    2. private var leftShiftDown = 0;
    4. function Update () {
    5.     if (Input.GetAxis("LeftFlipper") == 1) {
    6.         if (leftShiftDown < GlobalVar.rotSteps) {
    7.             transform.Rotate(Vector3(0,0,-1)*(GlobalVar.flipperRot/GlobalVar.rotSteps));
    8.             leftShiftDown++;
    9.         }
    10.     }
    11.     if (Input.GetAxis("LeftFlipper") == 0) {
    12.         if (leftShiftDown > 0) {
    13.             transform.Rotate(Vector3(0,0,1)*(GlobalVar.flipperRot/GlobalVar.rotSteps));
    14.             leftShiftDown--;
    15.         }
    16.     }
    17. }
    The second .js file looked at the first one for its variables, and then, whenever the left Shift button was pressed, the flipper would rotate up to a certain point and then stop. When the left Shift button was released, the GetAxis variable had changed, so the flipper would go back to its original state.

Sorry... I didn't comment the code at the time. But hopefully this makes sense.

4. Juan

Juan

I think you helped me a lot :) i must study this a bit, but i think this can solve my problem.

Thanks! :D