Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Rotate Camera help

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Corva-Nocta, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Corva-Nocta

Corva-Nocta

Hey all, still having a really hard time figuring out some camera control issues for my game. I have a very specific way that I want the camera to operate, I bought an asset that does exactly what I want but has a whole bunch of extra stuff. I've been trying to write my own version of what it does, shouldn't but hard but apparently its super hard. I have a video of what the camera does with the original asset, what I want the camera to do.

its pretty simple, player uses 2d platformer controls to move and jump and all, then when I enter a trigger the camera rotates 90 degrees, followed by the player later. Rotating the player is pretty easy, I got that part figured out easily enough. But I am having a lot of trouble with this camera. I am also trying to use the Virtual Camera so maybe I need to take that off as well and just use the regular camera.

I have tried reverse engineering it a bit, but the code is a complete mess, and it has way too many other components in the code. Tried commenting out everything I don't need but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Any help at all would be amazing!

2. Corva-Nocta

Corva-Nocta

I think I finally have the beginnings of something that actually works! Woohoo!