Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Roslyn Analyzers - Reimporting doesn't trigger them

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by TheRobWatling, Jun 24, 2022.

1. TheRobWatling

TheRobWatling

Hi,

I've got Roslyn Analyzers setup, they're working pretty great but the documentation Unity provides says reimporting scripts should trigger them but this doesn't seem to happen. If I modify a script and it recompiles they show but if I just reimport nothing happens.

Any solutions for this? Having to modify a script that's using the ruleset to see the issues is quite frustrating.

Cheers.

2. HaraldNielsen

HaraldNielsen

Unity Technologies

Hi @TheRobWatling
    What version of Unity?
    Also what are you reimporting? If you are reimporting a *.cs file that should then trigger a recompilation for that assembly.

TheRobWatling likes this.
  3. TheRobWatling

TheRobWatling

Hi, @HaraldNielsen I'm running 2021.3.4f1.
    If I reimport a single CS file it works.
    It also seems that if I right-click a folder and reimport, it doesn't trigger but selecting multiple CS files and right-click reimport it does. I would have expected a reimport of a folder to reimport the contents of that folder but is that not the case?

Thanks.

4. HaraldNielsen

HaraldNielsen

Unity Technologies

@TheRobWatling sadly not, we do special case the reimport of *.cs file to retrigger a compilation+domain reload. We would actually have liked not to have that functionality and only compile+domain reload when actually needed (Only when something in the compilation graph has changed on disk)

5. HaraldNielsen

HaraldNielsen

Unity Technologies

Hope that clarifies it a bit :) Out of curiosity, in what cases do you want to retrigger compilation and domain reload, without file changes?

6. TheRobWatling

TheRobWatling

Hi, @HaraldNielsen thank you for taking the time to explain, I appreciate it.
    The desire here was to be able to see warnings from the analyzers on demand e.g. I've just checked out a branch and the warnings show when I enter the editor if I then clear them the only way to get them back is to modify a file and save it. It's not a big issue, just a small annoyance to make a change, save recompile then revert it.