Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Root motion rotation and addForce

Discussion in 'Animation' started by g_raver, Jul 9, 2018.

1. g_raver

g_raver

Hi there. I have a question about Root motion of rigidbody and physics. I have a character with collider and rigidbody, which is being controlled by A and D, both keys are adding forces to move character desired way. I want to turn around my character by 180 degrees with nice animation, so I have to use root transform rotation and "Apply root motion" on Animator component. Every other motions are baked to pose. With this settings my physics works in a weird way, my char is somehow slowed down drastically as if there was a massive drag. Sometimes addForce goes completely crazy, adding more and more force every frame until the maximum float type number. When I disable root motion, everything is fine. Any ideas why or how to resolve this? Thanks for the answers.