Search Unity

Root Motion Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by StarTwinkle, Apr 5, 2021.

1. StarTwinkle

StarTwinkle

Root Motion Creator - a tool to create root motion for "in-place" animations.

The tool allows you to add Root Motion to In-Place animations. The tool works completely automatically and does not require user intervention. Just specify animation and model for it. The tool will do the rest itself.
    One click and your In-Place animation become animation with Root Motion!

The tool predicts any movement kinds: walking, running, strafe, backward moving, run plus jump, etc. Also it works with any types of model: humanoids, robots, animals.

Root Motion Creator supports Humanoid, Generic and Legacy animations.

The tool analyzes foots/legs and generates animation curves for motion of root node. Curves are stored inside animation, you do not needed any additional scripts for your model. Just do not forget toggle Apply Root Motion checkbox in your Animator.

Links:
    AssetStore
    Documentation

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    giraffe1 likes this.
  2. andthenwhat

andthenwhat

If have an animation that already has root motion (with off-ground jumps etc), but there is foot sliding in part of the animation, will this attempt to solve the foot sliding or will it replace all the existing root motion curves as well?

3. StarTwinkle

StarTwinkle

Hi,

The asset handles the animation as a whole. So, no, it does not process a separate part of the animation.

4. Mitaka_BG20

Mitaka_BG20

When i make those curves it works in the inspector, but when i add the animation to Timeline or Animator it doesn't move.

5. StarTwinkle

StarTwinkle

Hi,

Make sure that the Apply Root Motion option is checked in the Animator component.
    If it still does not work, then send me the model and animation to the email specified in the documentation.