Search Unity

Bug Root canvas invalid RectTransform.sizeDelta

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by diwang, Aug 20, 2020.

1. diwang

diwang

I have a root canvas (the most top object that have canvas component in hierarchy) , and i have canvas scaler with specification :
    • UI Scale Mode = Scale With Screen Size
    • Screen Match Mode = Expand
    Then i check the root canvas RectTransform size delta with this script

Code (CSharp):
    2. public int oldscreenwidth = 0;
    3. public int oldscreenheight = 0;
    4. public GameObject rootcanvas;
    5. void awake() {
    6. oldscreenwidth = Screen.width;
    7. oldscreenheight = Screen.height;
    8. rootcanvas = this.gameObject.GetComponentInParent<Canvas>().rootCanvas.gameObject;
    9. }
    10. void update() {
    11. if(Screen.width != oldscreenwidth || Screen.height != oldscreenheight ) {
    12. Debug.Log(" rootcanvas SizeDelta when screen resolution changed : " + rootcanvas.GetComponent<RectTransform>().sizeDelta);
    13. oldscreenwidth = Screen.width;
    14. oldscrenheight = Screen.height;
    15. } else {
    16. Debug.Log(" rootcanvas SizeDelta in normal condition : " + rootcanvas.GetComponent<RectTransform>().sizeDelta);
    17. }
    18. }
    I noticed that when the screen resolution changed , at that exact frame , root canvas size delta will "blink" to wrong size which will be corrected in the next frame. This is annoying as i was wondering what was wrong with my UI script until i found this bug.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. LayoutRebuilder.ForceRebuildLayoutImmediate(rootcanvas.GetComponent<RectTransform>());
    I also have tried force rebuild before the Debug.Log but it seems like the problem cannot be fixed at that frame , the problem fixes itself the next frame after screen resolution changed.