Search Unity

Romans Freefab Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by r.kriz, Nov 20, 2011.

1. r.kriz

r.kriz

Hey out there,

I've recently started the same thread on a german Unity3D forum and I thought maybe some of you would appreciate it, if I'll create it on the english forum as well.

What it's all about:

I'm creating some prefabs right now(it's some kind of a series), which can be downloaded for free from my website(see signature) - that's why this thread is called "Freefab Thread"(divinely - ain't it :D ).
    License is included within the *.zip files.

I'm relatively new to Unity, 3D and stuff like that - so don't expect the most high-class content, it won't be perfect
    But I think in consideration of the price: they are okay :)
    Also I would appreciate some criticism - I think it will help me to become better :eek:

My website is written in german language completely - at the moment, bi-lingual layout is planned - but not there yet :(

But it's very easy to find the prefabs, I think - just go to: GameDev(category) -> 3D-Content
    and there it is!

r.kriz

2. r.kriz

r.kriz

So the first Prefabs is already there, it's a camp-fire
    the fire particle effect is a modified version from the standard assets

includes:

- stone circle - to prevent some forest fire, of course
    - the wood - you need wood to make a fire!
    - a pot - hungry?
    - three sticks - or do you want to put the pot in the fire directly?

have fun with it

3. r.kriz

r.kriz

The second is already up, too

It's a palisades-set, which contains 6 different "elements":

- 1x straight-element
    - 3x corner-elements
    - 2x separate palisades

You can build everything you can imagine with it, well nearly.
    embattle a village, define a storage area or what ever

Some addition:

the files under the post named: Octacom, are files from an aborted SciFi-RTS-Project.
    it contains a lot of things: Buildings, Infantry and Vehicles from a humanoid species
    they aren't textured, just plain models and maybe not really ready - all of them are *.blend files to be opened with Blender

4. r.kriz

r.kriz

A third is there yet.

It's a sawhorse prefab. The package contains:

- a small sawhorse
    - a bigger sawhorse - for bigger trunks
    - a trunk - without it the horse wouldn't be necessary :)
    - a cutoff piece of a trunk - you want the player to recognize your character really is working

happy cutting ;)

5. granada

granada

They look good r.kriz :).

Dave

6. MrDude

MrDude

Real nice. I actually have need of those palisades for a project I have planned for later on, although I need them to be taller so a little scaling wound do me perfectly. Thanks for the share :)

7. r.kriz

r.kriz

Hello and good night,

Some more information about the Freefabs:

Due to some reasons I've changed my mind and I WON'T......... post every new Prefabs here at this Thread ;)
    I bet you thought I would say something like: I'm going to stop with the free releases :) but no, not in this life - exceptions my occur, if I need some money :D

But back to topic:

I've loaded some new Fabs to my website(still german - but easy to find :) ) well I think 6 in number were added by myself
    yeah as mentioned before they are free, license is packed within *.zip file

Maybe you want to check out my website regularly or irregularly, I think it's worth it
    Updates here won't be per Prefab, so take a look

greetings, have a good night - that's it

8. kenshen

kenshen

Hey a request could you add some benches to the camp fire prefab could really use that thanks.

9. r.kriz

r.kriz

10. kenshen

kenshen

11. kenshen

kenshen

maybe not so i have the benches positioned like i want them when i hit play they disappear into the white space under my level also there to small when i re size them they go back to original size.

12. r.kriz

r.kriz

well that sounds strange to me, as you can see I haven't had that problem yet - it's an "in-game"-shot

what exactly have you done? are you using a terrain?- if so is its collider script active? have you assigned a collider to the bench prefab? are other objects acting this way?

But I have to admit, I'm not that experienced - maybe some other member can help you with this problem... sorry 'bout that

greetings roman

13. kenshen

kenshen

nothing special just a plain old floor nothing else

14. FormativeTech

FormativeTech

If the benches are falling through, you may have positioned them so that the legs are going slightly through the terrain. They need to be completely above the terrain, otherwise they will fall through.
    As for resizing, if the model was imported from a 3D modelling program, you will need to select the bench asset in your Project Library and change the scale factor from there (and be sure to click Apply). I haven't downloaded the prefab so I'm not sure.

15. r.kriz

r.kriz

Your floor is a mesh, not a terrain right?
    Have you put a collider to that? Are you using a rigidbody with the bench?

My benches aren't falling through the terrain, even not if they are more than half sunken...
    Also scaling via the gizmo should work....