Search Unity

Roll A Ball Tutorial 3D Question

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tommy-Renecade, Jun 21, 2019.

?

I created this pack for the Unity Asset Store https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5NFkKuq4U

1. 1: You feel that this should be on the store due to what it covers.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2: You feel that this shouldn't be on the store due to it being simple.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tommy-Renecade

Tommy-Renecade

Hi everyone,

This is my first thread as I have a question to ask you all. I created a tutorial going over the concepts of a Roll A Ball scene on how to get your sphere to move in a 3D space. What is different though is I go over how to allow the camera to move in the X and Y directions, how to allow the camera to interact with walls or objects to avoid clipping, how the movement script on the sphere allows the camera to move with you in a 3D environment when moving in the X direction behind the sphere, and showing how you can allow your timer to count in minutes and seconds. Here is the link to show a preview of the concept on my Youtube page:

I have submitted this pack to my ArtStation account plus I also submitted this to the Asset Store 3 times before actually receiving an email. They stated to me "We decided to decline the pack due to it being To Simple." My question is for everyone do you feel this would be appropriate for the Asset Store especially since this would be useful to help others who are new and learning Unity? I know from my standpoint it took some time when learning Unity to just allow the camera behind a sphere to move accordingly when you moved in the X or Y directions in a 3D space.

Thank you for your feedback!