Search Unity

Roguelike

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Kolgrima, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Kolgrima

Kolgrima

This is just a quick post to show what I’ve been working on; it’s hardly a showcase but I didn’t know where else to put it so here it is the humble beginnings of a true 3d map generator. It’s still a work in progress and needs some optimization but it works well... though it looks a bit disjointed at the moment with placeholder art (I’ll make some proper models for it soon) doors on the ground level look like they’re in the floor which is because the floor is currently represented as a cube not a plane. There are more details in the blog post.

Find it here
    http://www.ironboundstudios.com/gosc/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/roguelike_v1.8.2.html

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. Tom163

Tom163

That looks very, very interesting. I've always wanted a good 3D interface for NetHack. None of those around are more than one step above programmer art.

Are you going to use your own engine to drive it, or pick up one of the Free Software roguelike games and adapt it?

3. Kolgrima

Kolgrima

I’m building from the ground up as far as content placement, but Idea is to keep it portable so it could be used for an actual Rogue like or even an FPS its first use will most likely be a three-quarter view strategy game. The idea is to have a system that will allow for unlimited levels with a small art resource cost. Very useful for handheld systems.

cheers

4. jtbentley

jtbentley

Looks like a good setup for any of the space games.. Remember the weird realm levels in Diablo 2? The Guild Heighliner levels from Emperor Battle for Dune (did ANYONE play that?)

Good stuff :)