Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games Rogue Waves - Ship Building PC Game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Epimolophant, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Epimolophant

Epimolophant

Rogue Waves is a physics-based game about building war ships and progressing through a wide variety of challenges, while unraveling an immersive narrative around survival and discovery.

It's under development using Unity 2019.

Add Rogue Waves to your Steam Wishlist:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147240/Rogue_Waves/

Ship Building

Build your ship taking into consideration aspects such as buoyancy, stability, energy generation and weaponry.

Each added block counts, and should be carefully planned.

The types of blocks include: Floater, Propeller, Rudder, Solar Panel, Battery, Machine Gun, Hydrofoil, and so on. Some blocks are special for missions or narrative elements in Story Mode. As you progress, more block types are unlocked.

Story Mode

A massive war led up to a series of nuclear strikes that ultimately resulted in the contamination and flooding of the planet. Biological life is mostly extinct. A few AI based mechanoids managed to survive, staying afloat by engineering and crafting low density materials. They eventually evolved, finding new ways to navigate and generate energy. In time, those mechanoids too, were led to war.

Venture in this world through the eyes of a small AI entity that progressively discovers what governs the delicate relationships between all forms of wild mechanoids. Some creatures strive to survive. Others, to reign. Some are fed by chaos. Can this world be saved? Is there hope for peace and order?

Sandbox

In this mode, all elements of the game are unlocked, to be fiddled at will. Time, weather, sea, spawning creatures and building ships with no limitations of resources and tech.

* * * *​

Special thanks to Crest for their amazing ocean asset.

* * * *​

We've recently added Warak, a procedurally animated spider. She will lay eggs that spawn Waraklings, and try to stomp you. If a leg is destroyed, she will adapt.

Looking forward to your feedback! Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

Very orig concept, very good graphics, and i love Crest, works perfect for your game, nice bro :)

3. Epimolophant

Epimolophant

Unveiling the Mortar, a new enemy type:

khos likes this.
  4. Epimolophant

Epimolophant

I'm really bad at marketing and blogging, so I failed updating this frequently. But I have been working on the game, and it will be released on Jan 14th, 2021!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147240/Rogue_Waves/

You can already Wishlist it. Hope to see you guys there!