Search Unity

Rogue Story: My Unity submission to the 2014 Indie Game Maker contest

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by kafanasiff, Jul 2, 2014.

1. kafanasiff

kafanasiff

Splash_Formatted.png

Rogue Story: Phase 1 Version 1.02 is now available for PC, Mac, and Linux! Please see the links at the bottom of this post. Version 1.02 includes important performance optimizations, bug fixes, and gameplay improvements. Please see the contest site (link below) for more details.

Hi all! Just a quick message to announce my submission, made with Unity, for the 2014 Indie Game Maker contest hosted by RPG Maker and Humble Bundle.

My game is called Rogue Story and is a top-down action puzzler that, in my humble opinion, is a pretty fun retro-style arcade game. It was originally made in 30 days as per the contest rules, and includes pixel art inspired by the tilesets of old pcrpgs. Two post-competition updates have also now been released. Unfortunately, the original contest submission included several game-breaking bugs. These have been fixed in the post-comp updates.

This was a solo project, and while some assets from the Unity asset store were used, it is still a little rough around the edges. I'm still proud of how it came out though, and it's a fun game that you can pick up and play for just a few minutes or longer. Perfect for developers' busy lifestyles!

The original version of the game and some more details is available through the contest website:
    http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/457#.U7HfAvldWt8

If you play the game and enjoy it, please share it with others! And please help by voting for this and other Unity submissions so that more people can see just how powerful and versatile the Unity engine is.

P.S. a big thank you to the following asset store makers Pathological Games (PoolManager), Tasharen Entertainment (NGUI), ProCore (Progrids), Gallant Games (InControl), Mad Pixel Machine (Energy Bar Toolkit), Vertex Studio (Free Game Music) and Red Button Audio (8 Bit Retro Rampage: Free Edition).

Thanks so much, and all the best :)

Downloads:

PC Version:

Mirror (Mediafire)
    Direct Download (Dropbox)

Mac Version:

Mirror (Mediafire)

Linux Version:

Mirror (Mediafire)

menu2.png level4.png

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  2. kafanasiff

kafanasiff

The game has been updated with an important bug fix and some tweaks. See edited post above for new download link to version 1.01!

3. kafanasiff

kafanasiff

NEW: Mac and Linux support have been added for the latest version.

4. kafanasiff

kafanasiff

NEW: V1.02 has been released with PoolManager integration for major performance enhancements, as well as a myriad of bug fixes and gameplay optimizations. Please see original post (above) for updated download links to newest version.