Search Unity

3D Rocky Hills Environment Pack - Development Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by florianalexandru05, Jan 23, 2016.

1. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Just submitted the SRP pack for approval today, now we wait! :cool:

DragonmoN, knxrb and StevenPicard like this.
  2. reigota

reigota

3. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

No approval news yet, I guess starting from Monday onward...

4. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  5. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Apparently, the HDRP shaders break from Unity 2020.3 (2?) to 2021. The easy fix would be to import them in the latest version of ASE and re-save them, as for CTI, the HDRP HLSL version isn't working anymore so you would have to use CTI HDRP 7.2. The foliage will behave weird and I don't know what to do about the billboards. I can only provide you with a quick solution for it at the moment. Import this pack and everything should mostly be fixed.

Get the latest update below from Google Drive! ↓↓↓

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    StevenPicard likes this.
  6. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

• CTI HDRP fix - 05.13.2020.1

I added an update for HDRP. install this as a quick fix, now the billboards have been fixed as well. The only issue is glitching shadows but I don't know what's causing them yet.

Billboard shader is now working
    Materials updated, fixed missing normal maps from bark materials, and updated billboard materials
    Scenes and shaders updated

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yeGjFDmQH4OPSd79w3YnXcrQN1c5FRwj/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    StevenPicard likes this.
  7. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

• CTI URP fix - 05.14.2020.1

URP is fully functional in the newer versions of Unity as well now, use this fix pack if it broke for you! (the file is number mispelled)

If this fix doesn't work with the newer versions try the newest update, tested on Unity 2021.2.3f1!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    StevenPicard likes this.
  8. Finer_Games

Finer_Games

@florianalexandru05 What are the recommended steps for updating existing CTI materials in Rocky Hills Environment Pro to URP? I've imported the RHE-2021_Shaders fix_URP.unitypackage - do we just reassign the shader to the URP version and relink the texture references? Or is there a better way to do this where the references aren't lost? Apologies if this is obvious or explained in the documentation, am not seeing it at the moment. Thanks!

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  9. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Exactly as you said is what you should be doing. I apologise for not having Rocky Hills pro completely compatible with the newest versions of SRP, since I barely got to finish the Mega packs. I will have to upload a shader fix for the latest versions of URP pro too. Tell me what version of Unity are you using and what the issues are and I will take you in the right direction!

10. Finer_Games

Finer_Games

2020 LTS - totally understand the pain that supporting SRP is so no worries! Just went through and assigned the URP shaders to the existing materials and re-linked the textures. At the moment it's just a few of the trees + vegetation so manually doing this is no big deal :)

11. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

So URP CTI worked? Just want to make sure. If it didn't give me a DM! ;)

12. Finer_Games

Finer_Games

Yep - the ones I've updated so far have been good!

13. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

Just upgraded to the mega pack (SRP) and took it for a spin.
    I can confirm the URP bark shader works now.
    One of the things I wanted the most from the mega pack was the new grass and it definitely delivers. A small request - smaller spruce/fir trees around 2-4m tall would be nice for an "isometric" game like this, since the big ones create some visibility issues. I could always scale of course but then the needles would become tiny too.
    I like how you created some new "flat" rocks that are good for isometric games - I'll have to try them out too.

upload_2021-5-28_15-29-43.png

14. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That looks great, I'm happy the grass works, and thanks for the confirmation.
    That's good advice, I might add some spruce/fir trees but I might make it on a different pack, atm I'm done with this pack at least for a while. I know my first mistake was not making more flat rocks so I tried to compensate later. It's always a learning curve as I go.

Jesper-Nielsen likes this.
  15. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

Yeah there's only 24 hours in a day unfortunately... What are you working on now?
    Actually the grass above is using Advanced Terrain Grass shader. I bought this asset so I could paint nice looking terrain grass meshes as details, but the shaders work fine with prefabs too and I actually prefer that - in particular since getting those nice big grass patches.

ATG wind is better for grass but different, so I had to tweak the vertex colors a bit. This script does a pretty good job:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEditor;
    2. using UnityEngine;
    4. public class GrassVertexColors : MonoBehaviour
    5. {
    6.     /// <summary>
    7.     /// Lerps alpha from 0 for y at or below 0 to 1 at max y
    8.     /// </summary>
    9.     [MenuItem("Pipeline/Grass Mesh Colors")]
    10.     static void FixVertexColors()
    11.     {
    12.         GameObject curr = Selection.activeTransform.gameObject;
    13.         Debug.Log(curr.name);
    14.         string error;
    15.         if (curr == null || !curr.name.Contains("grassvertex"))//security feature
    16.         {
    17.             error = "No appropriate object selected.";
    18.             Debug.Log(error);
    19.             return;
    20.         }
    22.         MeshFilter mf = curr.GetComponent<MeshFilter>();
    23.         var msh = mf.sharedMesh;
    24.         if (mf == null || mf.sharedMesh == null)
    25.         {
    26.             error = "No mesh on the object.";
    27.             Debug.Log(error);
    28.             return;
    29.         }
    31.         float maxY = 0;
    32.         for (int i = 0; i < msh.vertexCount; i++)
    33.             maxY = Mathf.Max(maxY, msh.vertices[i].y);
    35.         var colors = msh.colors;
    36.         for (int i = 0; i < msh.vertexCount; i++)
    37.         {
    38.             float y = Mathf.Max(msh.vertices[i].y, 0);
    39.             float a = Mathf.Lerp(0, 1, y / maxY);
    40.             colors[i] = new Color(1, 1, 1, a);
    42.         }
    43.         msh.colors = colors;
    44.     }
    45. }

Zimnel and florianalexandru05 like this.
  16. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That's great, thanks for sharing this, might be useful for me later. I'm not really using AVG much but just happy it works lol. I might have to add this script to the PDF information :)
    How's the frame rate, It shows 20fps in your screenshot?

Now I'm working on dungeons. I'm remaking my old ones, basically brand new content. I have a lot of other plans in line but one project is already taking a long time to make.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...development-thread.398141/page-4#post-7181446

17. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

I don't think you have to worry too much about the framerate since I only have a laptop with onboard GPU. Cool that you're working with dungeons - I might need that soon too.

18. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Cool, that's very reassuring, then my grass is as optimised as possible.

19. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

By the way - what is the purpose of the Tree component in the grass meshes?

20. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

So it works with CTI (custom tree importer) shaders. It's basically a tree with one invisible pivot as trunk and an invisible branch with the planes attached. the wind would not work great without that. It also prevents the grass from getting detached from the ground since it's a bunch of clumped planes they would all sway together out of the ground, but that's just how CTI works, other shaders might not need that.

Jesper-Nielsen likes this.
  21. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I noticed HDRP is giving a few people a lot of trouble to install so I made a simple troubleshooting checklist.

• Checklist - Troubleshooting

Step 1. When you first install the pack, it will be setup for URP by default, create a new HDRP project.
    Step 2. Install the "RHE_Mega Pack - HDRP Setup" pack.
    Step 3. Make sure you deleted the "CTI Runtime Components URP" from the "Third Party Tools" folder, CTI URP will conflict with CTI HDRP.
    Step 4 (if you use a newer version than Unity 2020.1.3f1 and/or it doesn't work) Install the pack fix CTI HDRP fix - 05.13.2021.
    Step 5. Your scene doesn't have the correct post-processing and HDRenderPipelineAsset profiles installed, that's the reason your scene is glowing white. It usually breaks at every new Unity version so when you click on it you will have a fix button option, click it and apply the profiles. The same goes for the "Diffusion Profile" click on it or on a tree and chose a "cti foliage material". Chose fix and make sure it's applied to your foliage shaders (note, the diffusion needs to be pure white and mark as "thin object"). If my render pipeline asset doesn't work just use the one from your new Unity project instead or make your own post post-processing profile.

If your foliage looks to green it just means you need to "fix the "Diffusion Profile" or make a new one, make sure the color is white.

PP profile HDRP.png
    Profile settings.png

Step 6. Your scene viw appears to be flickering, which is caused by the post-processing out-of-range white values on your screen. To fix that click on the main camera and check the "Stop NaNs" checkbox.

Stop NANS.png

Step 7. If you have script compile errors go to the "Script folder" and delete the "Drone Cam" script. If you have more issues just delete the script folder completely!
    Step 8. Shader errors, go to the "shaders folder" and rich click "re-import" on all the shaders.
    Step 9. You seem to have pink shaders, perhaps not all the materials converted correctly, to fix this just click on the material and change it to a standard HDRP material or the appropriate material.

(Also Install the fix pack for URP if CTI is broken for you in newer versions) If you follow this step by step and you have other issues post them here or contact me directly!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  22. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

Hi,
    After importing your asset to latest unity in HDRp the scene is not clear both scene view and play. Please help. Where i can find Fix option. if possible can u pls create a small video for HDRp setup for unity 2021

HDRP 12.1.1

Attached Files:

• Bug.jpg
      Bug.jpg
      File size:
      202.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  23. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Hello, thanks for reaching out. That fog is looking kind of weird, can you please share more screenshots? It looks like the shaders aren't really working? First, did you try installing the HDRP pack from the Project then this fix? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yeGjFDmQH4OPSd79w3YnXcrQN1c5FRwj/view

If it is just a post-processing issue, just change the Post-processing profile or update it. I will try to get back with a video as soon as I can but first I need more information from you.

24. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Some of the things in that scene look wrong, I'll take a look myself, it's possible it might be shaders to blame.

25. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

After Adding fix its better now some times scene will become dark
    upload_2021-11-19_23-27-50.png

26. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

We are getting somewhere now, by the way apply a translucency(diffusion profile) to the foliage and make it pure white colort, it looks florescent green and that is wrong! :)

Regarding the black screen glitching, turn this option on on your camera and it will stop your screen from getting black!

Attached Files:

27. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Also don't forget to "Step 3. Make sure you deleted the "CTI Runtime Components URP" from the "Third Party Tools" folder, CTI URP will conflict with CTI HDRP." delete those files if you want it to work in play mode and get rid of the red errors.

28. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I'm making a video tutorial as we speak, I hope this will help people that are still having issues with installing this package. I tested it in the latest version of Unity and it works just fine.

29. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I have a video tutorial for you now and for anyone that is having trouble with this.

I can resume it in 3 easy steps:

1. Make a new HDRP project and import the pack.
    2. Import the HDRP setup pack from the project.
    3. Deleted the "CTI Runtime Components URP" from the "Third Party Tools" folder.
    4. Get the CTI fix and import it into the project, override everything: CTI HDRP fix - 05.13.2021.
    5. Fix diffusion and post-processing profile.

30. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Since more people tend to buy the wrong pipeline than usual and the packs are essentially almost the same, I added a free upgrade from the (SRP) pack to the (Build in) as well. Now it's Buy One Get One FREE!

31. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

I followed the above video, but I have the following error, which is what I see in your video:
    Shader error in 'CTI HDRP/Billboard HSLS': Couldn't open include file 'Includes/CTI_HDRP_BillboardVertex_HLSL.hlsl'. at line 455

I renamed the file from CTI_HDRP_BillboardVertex to CTI_HDRP_BillboardVertex_HLSL

However I now see this error:
    Shader error in 'CTI HDRP/Billboard HSLS': undeclared identifier '_DoubleSidedConstants' at Terrain/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.1/Runtime/Material/Decal/DecalUtilities.hlsl(297) (on d3d11)

I also get some kind of black flickering within the editor scene?

Could you help please?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  32. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Can you hit play? If the project works after importing this fix: CTI HDRP fix - 05.13.2021, you shouldn't be editing the shaders in any way shape, or form. What Unity editor version are you using?

The black flickering can be fixed by simply enabling "stop NANs on your camera.

Attached Files:

33. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

All I have done is imported the asset in HDRP and followed the video using the same Unity version as you, Unity 2021.2.3. I have enclosed an image showing the same issue that is present in your video, The stop NAN is already set in your scene.

Attached Files:

34. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

It looks like you skipped a step after you import the fix from my drive. Have you deleted the "CTI Runtime Components URP" from the "Third Party Tools" folder? The red error messages should get removed after that but you shouldn't have edited or renamed the shaders on your own. I recommend you start over if it doesn't work.

So you have NAN's on and you still get black flickering? Try turning it on in the preferences menu.

Attached Files:

35. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

Yes, I already done this, this is not a URP error, it's a HDRP one.

Shader error in 'CTI HDRP/Billboard HSLS': undeclared identifier '_DoubleSidedConstants' at Terrain/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.1/Runtime/Material/Decal/DecalUtilities.hlsl(297) (on d3d11)

I see now, that this is a 3rd party shader that does not yet support HDRP 12.

Attached Files:

36. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

The flickering issue is being caused by your Detailed Map Coverage Snow SRP shader in Unity 2021.2.3 HDRP, can I have a fix please? Actually I think all of the coverage shaders have this problem.

37. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Yes, it's a third-party sharer, I tested it and indeed you get those errors on the shader itself but it still works fine, when you hit play the game works. I'm actually using the latest version of CTI but If you want to have a shader without errors you should try asking on this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-custom-tree-importer.263224/page-17. Please post the error message there and ask the developer for it if he has a newer version yet.

38. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Sure, I'll look into it when I have more time, could be an Amplify Shader error but I'm not sure what causes it. I tried digging for answers on their thread and found no solution for it, the stop NANs button should have worked. The best I could do is try updating the shader with the latest version of Amplify and sending it to you and hope the bug is gone.

39. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I'll try some things out, I have some ideas what I could try, in the meantime read this about the issue, it's mostly a Unity bug: https://forum.unity.com/threads/solved-hdrp-random-black-flickering-2018-2-1.542996/

40. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

It is being caused by the normal intensity that is connected to the normal map.

Attached Files:

41. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That's a nice find, I'll have to try that out myself, I was suspecting it on the AO actually. So now you don't have the screen glitch anymore?

42. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

No, I don't.

43. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I see, thanks for pointing that out for me, I guess I could remove the intensity of all the normals in HDRP, that screen glitching can be annoying.

44. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

I would, broken is not really an option.

45. Zimnel

Zimnel

I've been getting my paws into HDRP recently and I'm gladly surprised I could get this visuals. I'm happy and very glad indeed, this asset shines in HDRP and I just started scratching the surface of it.

hdrp scene work facepalm visual environment on 004.jpg

hdrp scene work facepalm visual environment on 001.jpg

46. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I love it!

Zimnel likes this.
  47. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hi

If i buy Rocky Hills Environment - Mega Pack (SRP) i get free Rocky Hills Environment - Mega Pack?

thanks

48. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

Yes correct.

49. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Yes, that's correct, if you decide you don't want to use SRP or change your mind you can always get the build in for free after you bought it. A lot of people buy the wrong pipeline so I decided to do this. Before there was only an upgrade from built-in to SRP.

claudius_I likes this.
  50. unhappyangel83

unhappyangel83

Hello, is the "Rocky Hills Environment - Mega Pack (no SRP)" with URP functional under Unity 2021.2.3f1?

Den I have the problem that I can not find exactly how to display the prefabs etc without errors.
    No proper instructions either.

Nevertheless, a great asset.

LG Michl

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021