Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3D Rocky Hills Environment Pack - Development Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by florianalexandru05, Jan 23, 2016.

1. RakkuAmiya

RakkuAmiya

Cool looking forwards to it. :)

Graeme

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  2. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Thanks it's already online!

Rocky Hills Environment - Mega Pack

* • Two weeks Launch Special 55$*
    * • Normal price 70$*
    * • Till March 18*

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/landscapes/rocky-hills-environment-mega-pack-18961
    ------------------------

I started with a special launch price that will last about two weeks. After the special sale ends I will link the paid upgrade to people that bought Rocky Hills Pro. Remember, this pack is for the standard pipeline, URP/HDRP will also be online soon this month so wait it out if you want to get that one instead!

Zimnel and knxrb like this.
  3. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

What will the paid upgrade cost?

4. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Just 25$! I took the price of the old one and added 25$ to all the new stuff.

KeithBrown, knxrb and StevenPicard like this.
  5. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Working on the URP/HDRP version. URP finished, now I'm working on HDRP. Got my water shader to work in HDRP although I need to make a lot of changes because the shader is different.

Water_01.jpg

Attached Files:

knxrb and StevenPicard like this.
  6. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Looking forward to getting this once it goes down to the upgrade cost!

7. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Thanks, after the sale deadline ends, might be a few more days extension maybe 3 more.

Now I'm making 3 small biomes for HDRP since the old ones have no grass in HDRP, it will look bad.

Hdrp_Snap_01.jpg

KeithBrown and StevenPicard like this.
  8. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Mini example scene starting to get somewhere but the only problem I have is the grass, CTI can't handle grass so I'll try to come up with something, maybe make a new optimized shader and grass models. :confused: So manny challenges...

HDRP Terrain_01.jpg

StevenPicard likes this.
  9. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Ok I finally figured it out, it's very possible :p:D

HDRPGrass_01.jpg HDRPGrass_02.jpg

StevenPicard, knxrb and KeithBrown like this.
  10. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

And here's a lil video test of the grass working. Ofc, I'll be remaking the model into something more appealing.

Jesper-Nielsen and StevenPicard like this.
  11. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Special sale is getting 3 more days extension till the 21.

12. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

Awesome work :) How do you find working with grass in URP? I'm trying to use the CTI leaf shader for URP in the download you provided and I'm still torn between that and standard URP Simple Lit.
    I'm definitely waiting for the new upgrade when URP is ready :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  13. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Pretty much the same as HDRP, seemed difficult, speaking of which, I'm making really performant grass meshes for HRP and I think I will add them to URP as well. My mind is blown again since I thought it's not possible to use grass in HDRP. My grass works this well with shadow casting on. You will see soon enough, I want the SRP pack to be a bit better.

Jesper-Nielsen likes this.
  14. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Just tested my new grass, it looks like it's doing pretty fine with cast shadows turned on! :):eek: I was doing things wrong as always.

Gs-01.jpg

Attached Files:

15. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Final chance to get the pack at special price, it ends tomorrow!

On another note, I'm really excited about the HDRP pack, whoever is waiting for it will definitely love it for sure. :cool::)

DragonmoN likes this.
  16. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

When will the upgrade option start?

17. moltke

moltke

downloaded just now for SRP unity 2020.1.17f1 and got this error and leaves are purple, pink and blue upload_2021-3-21_21-56-3.png

18. moltke

moltke

19. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Yes the special sale ended, I'll get to work on adding the paid upgrade now. Will let you know when it's up!
    As I stated in the product description, the foliage might not be compatible with Unity 2020 SRP yet, I haven't finished the SRP version. Don't worry I'll provide you with a fix. I'll send you a DM here, also you can contact me on my email: florianalexandru05@gmail.com

StevenPicard likes this.
  20. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Alright, I think I got the paid upgrade up, can someone that bought the pack confirm it's working?

StevenPicard likes this.
  21. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

It shows the correct price for me. Just made the purchase and I will try to get it downloaded and reviewed sometime today!

22. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Thanks for the confirmation!

23. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I just got it as well!

24. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Thanks, let me know if you have issues with something!
    ----

Oh, just want to leave to the people that use standard RP my post-processing profile so it looks close to the screenshots for them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    StevenPicard likes this.
  25. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Make sure that you download using the correct version. I downloaded in 2019LTS and had to go back and redownload in a newer 2020. In other words make sure that you read the product description more closely than what I did. I saw that it worked in 2019 and just automatically downloaded and did not read the description further.

26. knxrb

knxrb

I notice in the description for the mega pack it says "An SRP (URP/HDRP) ready pack is coming soon and will be sold separately.".

I already own the pro pack from a while ago now and I'd be wanting to use this with URP for my game.

Before I upgrade to this particular mega pack: are you planning on releasing another version of the mega pack that works for SRPs, or is it an addon to the mega pack that adds compatibility for SRPs?

And if it is going to be another version of the whole mega pack and not an addon, will the SRP version of the mega pack also have the upgrade price option for owners of the pro pack?

27. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I suggest you wait for me to upload the SRP version. You could take the paid upgrade to the one online now but you'd have to get the SRP support from the old one and convert it all yourself. I wouldn't recommend that since I'm going to upload a dedicated pack for SRP in about a week or two. It's basically the same pack with slight changes and direct support for URP and HDRP so yes, another version of the mega pack that works for SRPs. :) I think I can add a paid upgrade to that as well not sure but I will do that if it works that way of course. I want to add a paid upgrade for both but this is the first time I'm using paid upgrades so idk if you can have multiple ones for the same pack? In any case I will start with a discount like with the other one.

28. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Oh dang. So the version I just upgraded to doesn't support SRP? I need to read information more closely next time. It might not be such a bad thing, though. I think I'm going to move my project to 2020 and use a newer pipeline.

29. knxrb

knxrb

Brilliant, thanks for the clarification! I'll wait for the SRP pack in that case.

30. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Oh, for some reason I thought you knew...? You could use the SRP support packs you have inside the old version you already have, if you updated it recently. It should work for 2017ish Unity but not sure how well it works for 2020. No problem, I will give support to anyone that is having issues with any other pipeline. :) Also I would like to announce that I will no longer support older version of Unity from now on, I will just upload with what the most recent version is at the time, it's just hard to maintain.

knxrb likes this.
  31. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Quick video test of the HDRP scene and the new optimized grass. Watch in 1080p because to blurry! Performance is good!

Jesper-Nielsen likes this.
  32. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

I just updated to 2021 from 2019 LTS because I absolutely need point light shadows for my project. As expected some of the CTI shaders broke just like they did back when I upgraded to 2019 but I'm sure I'll find some shaders that will do the trick for me.
    The trees are from your free package - when you put out the upgrade that will be huge for me :)
    Grass as well as terrain tiles are yours too - I'm just using Simplelit for the grass which I place as objects because Unity terrain details suck

33. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That's looking nice, I'm glad to see you managed to fit my assets into your project.
    Btw what do you mean, the paid upgrade is already online: Rocky Hills Mega Pack
    If you purchased the "Pro pack" you should be able to see the "Mega pack" with a special sale price, that is the upgrade! :) Definitely upgrade because the shaders are updated for Unity 2020.

34. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

Ah sweet - yeah I can see the upgrade. Just gotta wait for my dayjob paycheck and then it's mine :)
    The URP shaders are also included? I think you mentioned making another pack for URP.

35. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

No that's just for standard, if you want URP you should wait till I finish it, it to it's going to be online soon.

Ok, I think that I'm going to give people that bought the standard RP for the mega pack a free upgrade to the SRP one, so if someone wasn't satisfied with it, now it won't be an issue if you buy standard.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    StevenPicard and Jesper-Nielsen like this.
  36. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Took some screenshots of the HDRP scene. I have to say I like how HDRP looks but I'm a bit upset that it's missing better AO and real-time GI.

Screenshot_16.jpg screen_3840x1818_2021-03-26_18-59-03.jpg screen_3840x1818_2021-03-26_19-30-50.jpg screen_3840x1818_2021-03-26_19-32-00.jpg

37. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

38. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

It's taking a bit longer than expected because there are still some issues here and there and I'm trying to make a nice demo scene for HDRP but it's going to be worth it in the end, I want my buyers to feel like they got a nicely packaged product. I'm trying to do something interesting with the UI.

39. reigota

reigota

Sorry, is there a special price for the hdrp supported version for who already paid for Rocky Hills Environment - Pro?

40. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Yes, there is going to be a 25$ price just as with the Mega pack (standard). Also, the people that bought the Mega pack (standard) will get the HDRP version for free but just want to mention, when it comes to paid upgrades I haven't tried this before so I hope that's how it works.

On another note, I finished the HDRP version too, I'm at the fixing of small problems and bugs part and finalizing it.

StevenPicard and knxrb like this.
  41. reigota

reigota

Ok, I see the discount getting applied automaticaly, I tough it was in sales or something like that. I bought it and I would like to know if the Pro and Mega may/should be imported one on top of the other.
    I am using 2020.3, HDRP (Gaia + Veg Studio Pro). Any other hint to make them compatible?

42. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

If what you mean is that Mega would replace Pro, then no, it should be imported separately, although you can have both in the same project but you should go with the custom tree importer from the latest version, "the Mega". Aside from that you can import all assets with no problem. As for Gaia + Veg Studio Pro, they should be compatible but I haven't tested Gaia. For vegetation studio, there shouldn't be a problem with CTI. So have you tried my pack with Veg Studio Pro? Does it work for you?

Anyway, I just discovered that my grass mesh is so good that I can make bushes out of it by changing the texture with anything I want. I'll be adding a bit more ground details before calling this pack finished while I'm at it.

Grass_01.jpg Grass_02.jpg

knxrb likes this.
  43. reigota

reigota

How do I guarantee that I am using the right cti version? importing mega after pro is enough of I should delete it before import mega?

44. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

If you have work done already with it and you want to keep the pro version just delete the "CTI folder" - "Custom Tree Importer v3" (back it up somewhere first), then import the megapack with the new CTI folder included/ or import this folder first. I would suggest just using the mega pack instead of the pro one. I sent you a DM!

45. reigota

reigota

Thanks!

46. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I'm making a new draft for the package just now, I'll just fix some more bugs and do some more testing and I think I will upload it soon.

knxrb, StevenPicard and DragonmoN like this.
  47. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Will the SRP version be following shortly?

48. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

What did you mean? This is the SRP (URP + HDRP) in one pack! :) If you mean on the store then yes. The main pipeline will be URP with a HDRP conversion inside. It will be really easy to switch to HDRP.

49. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Awesome!

50. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Doing the final checkups and testing, I think I might upload it by tomorrow!

RHE_HDRP_01.jpg RHE_HDRP_02.jpg

reigota, StevenPicard and DragonmoN like this.