Search Unity

Rocketeero - The endless lunar lander [Android][GameJolt][Free]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Shredov, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Shredov

Shredov

Hey Guys,
    I just made a game called Rocketeero. It's an arcade style game reminiscent of lunar lander, but much more fast paced.

Currently it has:
    - infinite mode (infinite runner)
    - upgrades
    - flight manual (instructions)
    - saves currency in between plays

Future Inclusions:
    - expedition (campaign)
    - more abilities
    - more ships with special stats

Notes:
    - FREE
    - GameJolt version has inconsistencies with saving right now since using playerprefs instead of gamejolt API

Pics:

Where to play:
    Android FREE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PoopCrew.SpaceExplorerSharp&hl=en
    GameJolt FREE:
    http://gamejolt.com/games/rocketeero/133189

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. Rombie

Rombie

Not to bad of a game, controls where a bit complicated in keeping the lunar craft stable and upright. But overall; not to shabby. How long was the development time for this?
    Keep up the great work my friend.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. Socterean

Socterean

It is actually fun to play, a bit hard for my casual tastes, but that's only my personal opinion :) Rated it and keep up the good work. And as a tip, it would be in your advatage to put in this thread a picture or something, I almost closed it whitout trying becuse peoples in general are reticent to blocks of plain words.

4. Shredov

Shredov

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I am looking to update the controls, I have found that even though I want the game to be difficult, it's currently too difficult for newcomers, so I'm going to ease them down a bit.
    The project was very on/off, so I'm not exactly sure how long it took. I started this over a year ago, but probably have worked something more like 6ish months? I basically had to rewrite it a couple times because the first iteration was in unityscript, but once I found that there were essential things that i needed to do that were much easier to do in C#, I decided to make the switch and learn C# while rebuilding.
    Thanks!

Rombie likes this.
  5. Shredov

Shredov

Hey, thanks for checking the game out! I definitely agree that the game is too hard to start. Hopefully I'll be able to get an update out within the next 2 weeks... unfortunately I'm always being forced to put the project on hold for other things. This is helping a lot though because the feedback is giving me a much clearer picture of what I need to adjust.

Also, I've added pictures.

thanks again!