Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RoboBeats - Rhythm game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by sonic220, Mar 21, 2012.

1. sonic220

sonic220

Hi guys, I'm quite embarassed to show this here, it's our first project and we made it in 2-3 days, the game don't really have a story, it's just random things put together.
    The game is for now only on android devices and you can download it here tor try it ( DOWNLOAD )

All you have to do in this game is to tap the screen in sync with the music to kill the robots, it's a simple idea for a simple game, we are planning to do more levels with a lot of different music if we have a good feedback.
    I would really appreciate to know what the community thinks about the game :)

2. kablammyman

kablammyman

web player version pls.

3. sonic220

sonic220

4. kablammyman

kablammyman

Not bad. sometimes the timing seems to be off, but it could be me. It would help if the robot killing would actually effect the music, so it helps you stay in rythym.

Also, its hard to "feel" the rythym when you have a line of robots.

5. DeRoyalSnipers

DeRoyalSnipers

Excellent game, and I've always been a fan of rhythm based games. However, I must agree with kablammyman, some of the actions appear to be slightly off with the music.

6. sonic220

sonic220

Thanks for the reply guys :)
    Yes, some of the robots are out of sync, I think we have choose the wrong song, it's not so catchy and it's quite hard to make a rhythm (a line of robots) that change in order to make the game less boring.

I've used a simple shout sound emitted when the robots are killed, thought that would help the player, what else should I use?

7. kablammyman

kablammyman

i know theres a sound effect, but think about the konami beat mania games or the rockband/ guitar hero games. The buttons make different sounds (parts of the music), and when played at the correct rhythm, the song sounds normal. However, when you are messing up, the song sounds off, or not good. This is why you feel like you are playing the guitar, drums, etc because your actions have a direct consequence to the sound/quality of the music.

if you can do this in your game, you may have a winner.

8. sonic220

sonic220

I'll try to do that and see how it sounds, thanks for the tips :)

9. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Game plays well, Good work on it. as said above I love rythm games also. One thing I may say, is your graphics seem to be pretty mis-match in feeling. the aesthetic is all over the place with the pixel art guy and the more photoshop robot. But its fun and enjoyable, Would reccomend vamping the graphics up tho :)

-Charlie

10. sonic220

sonic220

11. sonic220

sonic220