Search Unity

Roatate animation starts from 0

Discussion in 'Animation' started by idurvesh, Nov 15, 2014.

1. idurvesh

idurvesh

Hi,

I have coins in game, out of 3 coins first one's Y rotation is 0 , second ones Y rotation is set to 60 and third ones Y rotation is set to 120

I have attach animation clip to it which rotates the coins.

But the thing is all coins rotate position gets set to 0 and they start to rotate from Y position at 0 .

How can I add that clip where all those three coins start to rotate from where there default position?

2. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

For doing something as simple as rotating a coin why dont you just write some code to do it. you going to have to write code anyway if you are thinking of changing the clip properties ( if that is even accessible , I've never looked into that myself and even if it is possible it would change it for all three objects again since its an instance im sure)

3. idurvesh

idurvesh

Yeah I already tried script but with many coins in scene idk why but its become expensive (checked in profiler too).

Anyway I come up with my own lil trick, I added coin a empty parent and set its rotation properties to 30 60 and 90 and then added animation clip to children so it provided me with desire output.

Thanks for help