Search Unity

Roadmap?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by s_guy, Mar 27, 2016.

1. s_guy

s_guy

Is there any available info related to in progress, or upcoming features related to this? I don't see any mention in the official roadmap. Some devs have mentioned native crash reporting, but are there any details on this like related features or time estimates? Also, since the feature is called "game performance reporting", I presume there something planned for getting metrics related to light profiling of game performance on user configurations, e.g. for a beta test?

BTW, I found the exception reports and analytics reports (and related project integration) to be quite elegant. Nice job!

Deleted User likes this.
  2. ChrisLundquist

ChrisLundquist

Unity Technologies

Hey @s_guy,

You have several good questions here. Let me see if I can answer them.

> Is there any available info related to in progress, or upcoming features related to this?

I'm working on integrating crash reporting into the editor, rather than as a plugin. This will make it one click to enable / disable it, as well get it closer to mainline feature status. This transition doesn't really add any new features, but makes the existing behaviors more efficient.

> I don't see any mention in the official roadmap. [why is that]?

Game Perf was started by the same team which works on Collab. Collab work has trumped Crash work because well, it is just more important. Our hope is that a team will form to work on Game Perf soon, again to help it become more of a main line feature.

> Some devs have mentioned native crash reporting, but are there any details on this like related features or time estimates?

The devs who know how to do this have been working on Collab. I haven't figured that part out yet. After getting this into the editor, I'd like to figure this part out. My *personal best guess* would be unity 5.5. Take that with a grain of salt because I don't know what all is required to do native crashes at this exact moment. Remember, we would have to support it on at least iOS, Android, Linux, Mac, and Windows.

> Also, since the feature is called "game performance reporting", I presume there something planned for getting metrics related to light profiling of game performance on user configurations, e.g. for a beta test?

Yeah, my personal opinion is that Game Perf should be a suite of tools, that individually aren't very interesting, but work together with other services to enhance them. Like you mentioned, the next obvious one would be a benchmarking suite. The idea of "Game Performance Reporting" has a fair amount of overlap with Analytics, so it has been hard to know where we should write what.

Hope this helps,
    Chris Lundquist

3. s_guy

s_guy

4. Simon_says

Simon_says

Is this going to make it in 5.4 or not ready yet?

5. bradunity

bradunity

@Simon_says Yep, it's currently part of our beta cycle for 5.4.

Simon_says likes this.