Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Road & Traffic System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by wireddev, Aug 25, 2014.

?

Wondering if this is something that people are interested in purchasing?

1. Yes

88 vote(s)
    85.4%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. hopeful

hopeful

R&T users have written scripts to use R&T scripts with roads made by EasyRoads. I've not tried it yet, but there is a free version of EasyRoads, and you may find that using the two plugins together gets you where you need to go.

2. Wothanar

Wothanar

anyone here can help me please i really need help, i have used the demo scene since it comes with the roads functioning well and then well it works at least for what i need BUT now i really need a way to send One car from one node to another node and a kind of CAR PARKING for the car stop and people get down of it and then people come up to the car back and start run from node to another one... this have to be done if not is not very realistic at all and i really need this feature coz if not it useless for my kind of game

3. Wothanar

Wothanar

if people can help me so we can be more connected join this server https://discord.gg/dP26848 thanks i will be waiting for help on this what i need seriously

4. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

@wireddev Is this still being actively developed? I like this app and have a few ideas for you to consider for a future version. This app is great, but it needs a make-over. Its blocky look and clunky feel need to be updated, and it really needs some automation.
    1. It is time to just ask the user where they want to place their road network and how many lanes they want. Clicking, turning, lining up each road segment is just too time consuming, frustrating, and inefficient. Consider having the user draw a line or click a start/end point for each road. The endpoint could be either an intersection, or an actual ending point.
    2. The user shouldn't have to figure out where roads intersect. The program should figure it out. If I draw a line that intersects another road, intersect it with the corresponding intersection prefab automatically. If I need to overpass the road, make that an option.
    3. Connect the bloody pink and blue traffic flow blocks for me, for crying out loud. Trying to figure out this mess after spinning the road segment half a dozen times to align it? Come on, its a nightmare. I don't know how much time I have spent after setting up a road network and watching every single car, one by one, cover the whole network to find out where and why they were disappearing because pink and blue somehow got crossed or disconnected.
    4. Consider updating or forgetting about the road meshes altogether. If this app gave me just the TRAFFIC patterns and not the roads I would have bought it anyway. Either update the road segments to something spline based, or something else that follows the contours of the terrain, or just get rid of them altogether and integrate with one or more of the available road making assets.
    Please take this as constructive criticism. As I said, I like the app, I just don't use it because of the above. I simply have no traffic in my game rather than take the large amount of time it takes to manually place each road segment, line it up, align and connect the nodes, and troubleshoot the traffic network. I buy my tools to save time and make life easier.

Just my 2¢
    Mark

5. pablocantabria

pablocantabria

I am developing a traffic simulator for custom roads and I want to use the TrafficSystemVehicleSpawner component to spawn cars at a random entry point to the road whenever a car reaches an end of the road and gets destroyed. But I have found that the m_respawnVehicleOnVehicleDestroy variable in that component's script is not used in any other part of the code. What is its purpose? And in what way can I accomplish what I am trying to do?

6. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

I bought your system today, I've been trying to learn how to use it today, I've learned a lot, I've seen your tutorials.
    I have some considerations:
    The Traffic System Is Good and Work Very Well, But The Road System Still Very Bad, Need Many Manual Adjust, Take Many Time To Create a Simple City Road Structure.

Would be more efficient if the road can ben placed like easy roads.

The "Crashes" need to be more polished, when veichles crash with another, this generate a great chaos, and collapse the scene.

I would appreciate it if you continued to develop the system and improve. Do not stop developing it please.
    I hope to have the updates soon.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  7. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

The Roads, Curves and Connects, does not close fit, the lines always are wrong. The textures and meshes parts need to be fixed to the lines match exactly with another.

I think that at this point, there arent any support from the author for this system, so I recommend do not buy it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  8. Wothanar

Wothanar

this was a full waste of money to me, since the developer seems to be kiddnaped for the aliens or something and we cant use his plugin to any case since its a full nightmare.... im very dissapointed about this, the asset store guys of unity should block this kind of asset for be sold on market... i cant see how this can be sold since its a waste of time and it dosnt have nothing to be usefull its very very far to be usefull... :(

9. Wothanar

Wothanar

it would be great to me a refund of my money if its possible...

10. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Unfortunately the worst is the lack of support of the author, in my case I use only as a traffic system and pedestrians, I learned to reduce the bugs in these cases.

I do not know if it helps but, in case if you use the manual respawn of vehicles, manually placing the nodes where they will appear works well. But I agree unfortunately it was a complete waste of money.

11. tjoshi

tjoshi

After buying this asset, it seems that the dev is not providing any support. I know that a few people are still active here so I am going to post my question anticipating a solution:

I want to set a destination for the traffic system vehicle and yes, I know the script gives me an option to set a path to a node but it's not the shortest path, and even if it wasn't the shortest path, it takes my agent 47 nodes to just go 10 nodes furthur. Is there any way I can make this better or closer to the shortest path?

TiToMoskito likes this.
  12. dianaweissleder91

dianaweissleder91

Hey guys,

I bought the Road&Traffic System and I think it works really good. But there is one point I´m wondering about... I would like to add some other cars, because there are just green cars spawning. Is that possible somehow? If so, how can I do it? Thanks for help!

Cheers

13. wireddev

wireddev

Anyone looking for support on this plugin please email us as we do not monitor these forums. Our original post has a massive sentence at the top with our email address to contact us for help.

hopeful likes this.
  14. chenyudan2014

chenyudan2014

Hi, Thanks for the asset, I download the Path Pedetrian System but have no idea how to change the character, could you please tell me how to set the character with the one that I build by myself

15. Oberheim

Oberheim

Just both your asset and having two errors :
    Assets/Traffic System/Plugins/Editor/FingerGestures/PointCloudGestureEditor.cs(120,25): error CS0117: 'Handles' does not contain a definition for 'CircleCap'

Assets/Traffic System/Plugins/Editor/FingerGestures/PointCloudGestureTemplateInspector.cs(100,25): error CS0117: 'Handles' does not contain a definition for 'CircleCap'

WHY ???? :((((