Search Unity

Road lane detection

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by iulius1979, Feb 4, 2019.

1. iulius1979

iulius1979

I am trying to develop an algorithm for self-driving cars. How can I detect the road lanes and the distance between our car and the lane?

1. Is OpenCV a solution?
    2. Another idea was to generate some invisible trigger colliders along the lanes and to use Raycast. But to implement this solution, I should know the configuration of the road and the position of the lanes before the simulation, so this solution can't be implemented by default, for any road.

Can you help me with some ideas/hints?

Thank you!

2. JediNizar

JediNizar

Hehe, on my RL work (unity is for me my hobby/and hopefully some day full time work) at smartmicro, we are developing Smart Radar sensors, which are doing amongst other things, exactly what you are looking for.

3. iulius1979

iulius1979

Can you give more details about a possible approach in Unity, if you can make a connection between the Smart Radar and Unity?

4. JediNizar

JediNizar

in Theorie I think it's possible. We use our own Software to read the data from the radar.
    May I ask from where u are from, I could send u an email from one who may answer for u the questions

5. iulius1979

iulius1979

I am from Romania if this information will help you. I will send you a private message with my email address.

6. McDev02

McDev02

7. visualbuffer

visualbuffer

8. TASIHMI

TASIHMI

Hi, Can someone help me how will the car follow the lane and also make turn when it is needed without the waypoint?

Thanks