Search Unity

'Risk' Styled cellphone app. I need guidance..

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by ChaosRobin, Jun 22, 2013.

1. ChaosRobin

ChaosRobin

Hey everyone :D.I'm Robert Hoole,

I've been trying to make a game for a bit over two years now, I've taught myself 3D modeling, Sculpting, how to make UV, Normal, And color maps, How to rig, and apply a weight map, and a little animating I've also familiarized myself with unity a bit. and now that I know enough to get started prototyping and making 3D games, I want to get started! But alas, I don't want to make any mistakes by over reaching and keeping to much on my plate.

So I had an idea. The 3D game I want to make 'Streets of Thoriton' is basically a game of risk played from a first person perspective, with a twist, the country's within the continent will sift every turn. or in my case, the districts in the Thoriton City will. Let me start by saying that I know this is way to hard, this idea isn't what brings me to these forums. I want to build a 2D prototype of that game only with out the 'first person shooter' element. and without any of the 3D assets.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to 'kill two birds with one stone'. you see the final game will need a map the player can refer to that shows them which lets them know What opposing players control what territory, and which of the territory remain unclaimed, I think that this map system would work well for creating a 2D cellphone game prototype, more of a 'proof of concept'. to FINALLY get something finished.

So! I'm trying to create a 2D 'Risk' style game. all text based with a few stock photos. And I would like to use Unity to do it. What Am i in for? Is there anyone who can gestamate or help to walk me through the process? I just have to idea what to expect and honestly, I'm not even sure where to start.

If anyone is interested I am looking for a partner to help me finish this prototype, I think this will release for free but if there is any rev to be had it will be shared.

Thank you for your time!
    -Robb