Search Unity

Rippeling around Objects near the Camera

Discussion in 'VR' started by Noa3, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Noa3

Noa3

Hi maybe someone can help me,

objects near the camera are rippling and if i move, i can see it moving like a unwanted water effect.
    It has clear the shape of the object which is near the camera, everything in distance looks fine.

i use a Oculus on a Powerful machine and there i worked early 2019 it was not there.
    i try to google but ASW seems to be not causing this.

Attached Files:

2. Noa3

Noa3

i found out, its the oculus integration kit from unity asset store

3. S-P-A-C-E-D

S-P-A-C-E-D

I'm experiencing the same issue even in an empty scene with only a cube. I too am using the integration kit. Did you solve this by removing the package?

4. Noa3

Noa3

Hi ether you can remove the OVR Manager from the camera, or if you need the integration package, you can use the XR Plugin Managmengent and turn in Project Setting > Player > Other Setting > VR to off.

i hope this helps you

5. S-P-A-C-E-D

S-P-A-C-E-D

Thanks! Don't need the integration package for any reason really, just need a hook into the controller positions and rotations. Hows the XR Plugin working for you? Think it's safe to develop knowing OpenVR support isn't there yet? (If last thing I read about it is still true). Thanks for your time!

6. Noa3

Noa3

i didnt spend much time with it, but it look like it works.
    the biggest difference is maybe, for every object what should be tracked with vr stuff, need a component (Tracked Pose Driver) and some setup.

didnt test it with openVR myshelf but i belive you can use it with the oculus or Mock package.
    a client of mine use the Game for Oculus builded, with a VivePro.