Search Unity

Ring around finger (A)

Discussion in 'AR' started by jonasiyou, Mar 27, 2019.

1. jonasiyou

jonasiyou

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post in the forum,
    i'm still a beginner in the AR field, and i have a project where i should build an app like this one:

or
    after some research and some documentation, i knew that i should use Vuforia and Unity.
    an di suceeded to display the ring on a flat target image, but i don't know how to display the ring around the finger?!!
    should i use cylinder object (i already tried it but i get issues with the dimensions (Bottom diamter,Side diameter, Top diamter)) but didn't work?!
    please if anyone can help.

Best regards.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    raghurao04 likes this.
  2. param_appm

param_appm

To display the ring around your finger, you need to detect your Finger. I am afraid Vuforia will support that. You need something powerful AR recognition like OpenCV.

3. jonasiyou

jonasiyou

Hello, thanks for your answer, i already find a way to detect hand and fingers also the coordinates where i want to put the finger using OpenCV(python) and a pretrained model to detect fingers using deep learning.
    and now about AR, i was thinking about react native with ViroMedia (AR framework), i don't know if it's possible to link pythn with vuforia in unity!.
    i still have one small issue, i can't find a way to compute the width of fingers in order to make the ring fits the phalanx!!

Attached Files:

4. KickD

KickD

Can you share how you detected fingers, the coordinates of where to put the ring.

5. vignesh21

vignesh21

Can you please share your idea's regarding this project I am struggling to do an app (AR Ring) Can you help me to overcome this problem. how you detected fingers.the coordinates of where to put the ring. Waiting for your reply.Thank you

6. Yarazakii

Yarazakii

Did anyone know
    how to detect the fingers?

7. lumoconnor

lumoconnor

You don’t need to detect the fingers. Vuforia supports cylindrical image targets, which is what the video you shared is using. You can see a ring of paper around the finger, with a pattern on it.

Placing the 3D ring model on the cylindrical image target is the first step, but you’ll also need to hide the ring when it is behind the finger. For this you’ll need to look into stencil buffer shaders and masking.

8. saranreachweb

saranreachweb

Is there anyway to do ring around finger without using the physical object around the finger like paper or so.Which framework will detect the hand and help to place the ring around it?

9. saranreachweb

saranreachweb

Have you been able to find any solution for this?Even i need similar app.

10. vishalnegi428

vishalnegi428

You can look in mediapipe by Google for handtracking and their tensorflow models too, which will track hands and give you 21 landmarks. https://google.github.io/mediapipe/solutions/hands.html

But still, I am unable to find how to get the width of the finger to fit it well.

programervenkatesh likes this.
  11. ChaitanyaD27

ChaitanyaD27

@saranreachweb Have you found any solution? I am also trying to do the exact thing in my project. One more thing I want to ask, is there any way to do it with android studio?

12. BruceFame71

BruceFame71

Wow, what a nice idea! I like that the rings are made in the old style. May I know for what purpose you are developing an application? It should be said that this is an excellent model for detecting babies and hands, but there are some drawbacks. By the way, I agree that for this, you will need to study the stencil buffer shaders and mask. OpenCV can help you achieve the ultimate goal. By the way, the mood ring color meanings can help your project achieve maximum progress.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  13. programervenkatesh

programervenkatesh

Thank you for sharing this link, did you find the width of the finger