Search Unity

Ring around finger (A)

Discussion in 'AR' started by jonasiyou, Mar 27, 2019.

1. jonasiyou

jonasiyou

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post in the forum,
    i'm still a beginner in the AR field, and i have a project where i should build an app like this one:

or
    after some research and some documentation, i knew that i should use Vuforia and Unity.
    an di suceeded to display the ring on a flat target image, but i don't know how to display the ring around the finger?!!
    should i use cylinder object (i already tried it but i get issues with the dimensions (Bottom diamter,Side diameter, Top diamter)) but didn't work?!
    please if anyone can help.

Best regards.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    raghurao04 likes this.
  2. param_appm

param_appm

To display the ring around your finger, you need to detect your Finger. I am afraid Vuforia will support that. You need something powerful AR recognition like OpenCV.

3. jonasiyou

jonasiyou

Hello, thanks for your answer, i already find a way to detect hand and fingers also the coordinates where i want to put the finger using OpenCV(python) and a pretrained model to detect fingers using deep learning.
    and now about AR, i was thinking about react native with ViroMedia (AR framework), i don't know if it's possible to link pythn with vuforia in unity!.
    i still have one small issue, i can't find a way to compute the width of fingers in order to make the ring fits the phalanx!!

Attached Files:

4. KickD

KickD

Can you share how you detected fingers, the coordinates of where to put the ring.