Search Unity

Resolved Rigify mesh is deformed differently in Blender and Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by bosonnn, May 16, 2022.

1. bosonnn

bosonnn

I'm working with a character that has a skeleton made in Rigify. It deforms fine in Blender, but when I import it into Unity, there are nasty artifacts in the deformation, but only in some specific places.

Blender to the left, Unity to the right:
    upload_2022-5-16_14-22-2.png

The strings and the middle seam are the most noticable issues, but it also happens on a couple of other places on this character and on other characters using the same rig. Note that solid objects where all vertices have the same weights get through fine.

I've tried a ton of things, including normalizing the weights, limiting the total bone weights per vertex to all kinds of numbers, and messing with just about every rig/animation related setting in the mesh's Unity import settings, and I'm at my wit's end. I've also googled around and haven't found anything about this specific issue.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing these weird deformations?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  2. bosonnn

bosonnn

Trying a bump before I give up on this and try to work around it somehow.

3. bosonnn

bosonnn

I've finally figured it out. It was completely unrelated to the mesh itself, it was because I had a certain ingame setting set to the lowest which happened to affect weights and/or animations.