Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Rigidbody2D interpolation mode causes incorrect transform rotations (Bug 829769).

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by MarkFF, Sep 8, 2016.

1. MarkFF

MarkFF

So I decided to give the 5.5 beta a go and I've found some inconsistencies when rotating a transform with a Rigidbody2D on any axis other than the Z axis.

Normally when I set a transform's localRotation it applies the rotation to the object but if the Rigidbody2D has it's interpolation mode set to Interpolate then neither the X or Y axis will apply the correct rotation. The outcome is a seemingly random rotation between the starting rotation and the rotation that was applied. This problem does not appear to affect the Z axis or the other two interpolation modes, None and Extrapolate.

I also tried this test in a previous version of Unity (5.3.6f1) to see if this was new to the 5.5 beta but it appears to also occur there as well.

I assume this is a bug since the other modes do not cause this problem but i wanted to post it in case it wasn't.