Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Rigidbody2D -changing bodyType to Static in runtime

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by Sladzio, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Sladzio

Sladzio

Hey! Is it possible to change the Rigidbody2D body type from dynamic to static in runtime in order to prevent affecting the object by gravity?

2. Zoelovezle

Zoelovezle

I tried the same :(. Unfortunately, it's not working so I ended up creating my own physics using HitBox I would suggest the same for you.

3. Sladzio

Sladzio

Thanks!

4. Eulenmensch

Eulenmensch

I know this might be a little late at this point but it might be useful for others still that search the forums. I personally just save the component data of the rb, remove it and then re-add it with the same values except I get the body type from a reference entity that only has a rigidbody2d component with the desired body type value. Here's the code that I use. I have a component "ChangeBodyType" that only has an entityReference field.

Code (JavaScript):
    1. this.world.forEach([ut.Entity, ut.Physics2D.RigidBody2D, ChangeBodyType],(entity, rigidBody, changeBodyType) => {
    2.                 let friction = rigidBody.friction;
    3.                 let restitution = rigidBody.restitution;
    4.                 let density = rigidBody.density;
    5.                 let freezeRotation = rigidBody.freezeRotation;
    7.                 let bodyType = this.world.getComponentData(changeBodyType.ReferenceRigidBody, ut.Physics2D.RigidBody2D).bodyType;
    9.                 this.world.removeComponent(entity, ut.Physics2D.RigidBody2D);
    10.                 this.world.addComponent(entity, ut.Physics2D.RigidBody2D);
    11.                 let newRigidBody = this.world.getComponentData(entity, ut.Physics2D.RigidBody2D);
    12.                 newRigidBody.bodyType = bodyType;
    13.                 newRigidBody.friction = friction;
    14.                 newRigidBody.restitution = restitution;
    15.                 newRigidBody.density = density;
    16.                 newRigidBody.freezeRotation = freezeRotation;
    17.                 this.world.setComponentData(entity, newRigidBody);
    18.             })
    I hope this can still help someone

mondayoff likes this.