Search Unity

Rigidbody player platform/collision problem

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Aseliot, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Aseliot

Aseliot

So to get my moving platform to work I had to change my character controller to a rigidbody one, also being able to do physics stuff seems a lot nicer to me.

Jumping onto the platform and moving along with it works fine but it's sudden change in direction can throw me off when I stand close to the edge, is this just a result of the physics doing it's thing and should I try to make it move slower upon reaching the end before reversing it?

Also when my player moves into a bunch of barrels he starts spinning and I can increase the angular drag to "fix" it but I am not sure whether that is a good idea?

I could also put the player rigid body on kinematic to fix it but then my player stops moving each time I move my camera around...

2. Geckoo

Geckoo

3. Aseliot

Aseliot

Alright not sure about that but just tried using a smoother lerping method and it works fine now but not sure what is going to happen if I make it go really fast. I tried using the friction values but not much changed about the player gliding off when it suddenly changed direction.

Haven't really been able to fix that when the player bumps into another rigid body makes him jerk around a little bit.