Search Unity

rigidbody.Moveposition doesnt make my player move diagonally.

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Kderino, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Kderino

Kderino

I want my player to move using rigidbodies and this is the last thing i know that comes good with jumping. But my problem is, it seems like you can't move horizontally and vertically at the same time when using rigibody.MovePosition.

Here is my code for moving the player:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _direction = new Vector3 (Input.GetAxis ("LJoystickHorizontal"), 0, Input.GetAxis ("LJoystickVertical"));
    2.         if (_direction.x != 0) {
    3.             rigidbody.MovePosition (transform.position + transform.right * _direction.x * _moveSpeed * Time.deltaTime);
    4.         }
    5.         if (_direction.z != 0) {
    6.             rigidbody.MovePosition (transform.position + transform.forward * _direction.z * _moveSpeed * Time.deltaTime);
    7.         }

2. nporaMep

nporaMep

You must make 1 MovePosition call per FixedUpdate, because it doesn't happen as soon as you call MovePosition. Physics are processed after FixedUpdate.
    Combine transform.right * _direction.x and transform.forward * _direction.z in single vector, then pass it to MovePosition.

3. bradywestveer

bradywestveer

How?

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Use a Vector3 and pass that in. It's not rocket science. Stop doing maths in function calls. Construct the Vector3 first and then modify that instead, before finally passing it once to moveposition.

5. nporaMep

nporaMep

var myResultingVector = transform.right* _direction.x* _moveSpeed *Time.deltaTime
    + transform.forward* _direction.z* _moveSpeed *Time.deltaTime

rigidBody.MovePosition(transform.position + myResultingVector)