Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Rigidbody FPS Walker script - to test and use

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ellvix, Mar 10, 2011.

1. ellvix

ellvix

Hey all -

Though this type of script gets posted all the time, I'd like to put another FPS rigidbody controller script out there for general use.

I prefer rigidbody controllers to the standard controller, and had been using ye olde RigidbodyFPSWalker for quite a while; and though I liked it, I preferred the amount of control and specification I got with the FPS prefabs that shipped with 3.x. Sooo.... I modified the new CharacterMotor script for rigidbody control along the same lines as all the older rigidbody walker scripts. It works as a rigidbody walker, has all the decent fine tuning controls that come with CharacterMotor... and oh yeah, has multijump capability (I needed it for a project and thought I'd throw that in too).

Thoughts? Opinions? Bug reports?

Attached Files:

2. Nyo

Nyo

Thanks! Always appreciated works like this.

3. Nyo

Nyo

Do you have any updates like :
    //todo: add a func so rigidbody adjusts for upcoming stair / ramp

I noticed that the player slides trying to stop after the input is not pressed anymore, is there a way to fix it?
    I applied your script to the RigidbodyFPSWalker project capsule.

4. bacca87

bacca87

thx Ellvix,
    this is a very good script!!
    there are some updates on it? can we have the latest version?

5. membersheep

membersheep

hi there, I'm reading it with bacca, this seems to work fine, it woul be good to see the lastest version so maybe we can work on it or add some features and share it again. ;)

6. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I'm trying to adapt this to work with a third person camera. How can I get it to where the character rotates towards the cameras facing direction and move in said direction. I tried Implementing some code from the built in 3rd person controller with no luck. Thanks :D

7. Borzi

Borzi

Are you still working on improving this? I dunno if its just me but when I jump and collide to objects the player kinda sinks down instead of just falling straight to the ground...hope it helped!